• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

kevreh

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to glue and insert some clear tubing into a pvc elbow. If I use pipe primer and cement it seems to work well. Is this a safe (non leak) long term solution?

thanks-

Rich-n-poor

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
why not try this:

instead of glueing the tubing inside the elbow, get what is called a street elbow, it will have one end which is meant to fit inside another piece of pipe.

this should allow you to put the elbow inside the tubing. Then get a plastic wire tie and secure the tubing/elbow together. just cut off the extra plastic from the tie.

HTH
icon_smile.gif

fragman

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have done this many times with clear acrylic tubing, all I used was generic PVC cement. Works great never a leak.

kevreh

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by fragman:
<strong>I have done this many times with clear acrylic tubing, all I used was generic PVC cement. Works great never a leak.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Thanks Fragman. I know it has to be possible cause I see some manufacturers of skimmers, reactors do this. Often, they glue black tub inside of white pvc fittings. Just wasn't sure if they use standard cement like you said or something else.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: