A

Anonymous

I'm looking for a normally "on" timer that I can time the time "off" and have it kick back on. I am not having much luck finding one on my own. What I want to do is use it for the return pump when I am feeding. I am finding that lots gets washed over the overflow before the fish can get to it.

bleedingthought

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, I know for sure my fuge timer comes back on after 1 hour, if manually switched off. It's a timex. It's white with green buttons. I paid less than 7 bucks at walmart. :)

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wazzel":1euk2ok0 said:
I'm looking for a normally "on" timer that I can time the time "off" and have it kick back on. I am not having much luck finding one on my own. What I want to do is use it for the return pump when I am feeding. I am finding that lots gets washed over the overflow before the fish can get to it.

I bought some of those digital timers Drs F&S sell. The brand is grasslin, I think. $19 each or thereabouts. Anyway, they have a manual override button right on the timer, lets you turn off/on at will. It's got a normal on/off timer function, but you could set it to turn on at 5:01 pm and off at 5:00pm, for example (for a net off time of 1 minute/day apart from when you use the override for feeding).

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking for something that work like the bathroom heater light in a hotel,except on all the time except when you set the timer.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a time that has a switch on the top that you can override the timer, if need be. It was 12 bucks at my LFS.

Is that what you're looking for?

I'll let you know the name brand when I get home.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure Crissy. I want to use the timer to turn the pump off manually for a set number of minutes then com back on, but only when I want to. I'm not looking for it to turn off at a set time each day. I could use a dial timer like I have now on my lights and take out the "off" peg. When I wanted to use it I could manually turn of the timer then rotate the dial around to the number of minutes I wante it to be off. Then when it hit the peg it would turn on, but never turn off since the off peg is out. The problem with these is they are 24 hour timers and it is hard to set it for a few minutes.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know exactly what you are after, Waz, and often times they are part of the controller called the "feeding mode."

You can get these controller, get a lightout timer and hack it, or DIY one with IC555.

If there is a large interest (> 24 people), I can probably hack up something quick and sell it as a kit or something.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Considering my limited electrical skills it may ber better for me to use my idea. The dial timers are like $10 each.

bleedingthought

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Waz, my timer's what you're looking for. You set all the tabs (green) to on. The timer is always on. There's a manual override on the front. If you don't "re-override" it, it'll turn back on in 1 hour. Will one hour do? Less than 8 bucks... :wink:

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
bleedingthought":8j83z1iu said:
Waz, my timer's what you're looking for. You set all the tabs (green) to on. The timer is always on. There's a manual override on the front. If you don't "re-override" it, it'll turn back on in 1 hour. Will one hour do? Less than 8 bucks... :wink:

Yes. That is what I want. Less than an hour would be better but for $8 I can live with that.

bleedingthought

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, like I said, TIMEX. It should be in the section with all the outlet faceplates and what-not. It's white and the tabs are green. It should be easy to find. Let me know. :D

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You need one of those bathroom timers and a 110 v relay. Set the timer to trip the relay off. when the timer goes off, the power goes back on.

B

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is a pretty good idean, Bingo. It would be nice to just hack the timer so that it will work without the relay to turn back on, but I need to see if the switch has the extra contact.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bingo":317qlbrr said:
You need one of those bathroom timers and a 110 v relay. Set the timer to trip the relay off. when the timer goes off, the power goes back on.

B

I was trying to not do that.

Christeon

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope this isn't to late for you, I think what your looking for is an "ON-Delay" Relay, when you add power to it it waits a preset time before turning on. You could wire a push button with it to break the power and reset the On-delay timer. They are expensive little jokers though you can find them and a description at http://www.mcmaster.com/
and type in delay relay at the search bar. You can't direct link at their site.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, he want something that will automatically turn on after a set delay has expired.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: