Albertstank

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, I figure this belongs in the DIY thread.

I have been toying around with a 3d printer and it has gotten me out of a few reef related jams. Mostly small things like replacing a cracked return elbow and replacement mounting brackets for controllers. Printing is finicky for in tank items with PETG but regular PLA material for external is super easy.

Reef2reef has a whole section on different 3d templates and there are plenty more on thingiverse.com

If anyone ever needs something printed custom or otherwise shoot me a message. Happy to help you out if I can.

Edv

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
88   0   0
I have a question for you guys which 3D print do you have? My prints are good with out any problems for now.
Looking to go faster now swap out hotend to a Mosquito Magnum
went with a Bondtech LG for gearing. Looking for help anywhere where I can find it.
Thanks

Albertstank

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just an ender 3v2 here. Limited upgrades outside of software and fan upgrades. Like my tank I like the printer to run nice and quiet.

Edv

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
88   0   0
Same here, But I would like to cut my print times by half that will be great I hate those 12hrs -24 hrs print are kill me. I have a Prusa 3MKS+ most upgrade are done easy part, now come to speed it up the configuration that's super hard part.

Last edited:

nvladik

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Same here, But I would like to cut my print times by half that will be great I hate those 12hrs -24 hrs print are kill me. I have a Prusa 3MKS+ most upgrade are done easy part, now come to speed it up the configuration that's super hard part.
If you go faster, you will sacrifice quality. I ran into the same "speed" challenge a few years ago, found best solution was to have 2 printers :)

Edv

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
88   0   0
You are so right BUT there is a fine line in better speed then full blown super fast. Just trying to find that sweet spot. Stock speed is OK but there is room for more speed in there some where. As for 2 printer I have Resin printer to one more print my wife is going to kill me. LOL

chemisfun11

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
It takes a lot of time and effort to perfect your prints. It's what I've been doing for the past few years. I've mostly been making light spill shades (shrouds/covers) for the Radion and Neptune Sky lights and most recently a frag plug/mount system for SPS and Euphyllia coral.

I get custom requests every now and then which pose more of a challenge, but I'm having fun helping out my fellow reefers :)

Addryn

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a question for you guys which 3D print do you have? My prints are good with out any problems for now.
Looking to go faster now swap out hotend to a Mosquito Magnum
went with a Bondtech LG for gearing. Looking for help anywhere where I can find it.
Thanks
I ordered Creality Ender 3, hope it will be a great printer. I Bought just for home use. If interested, I can share the products that I will print on it (if everything goes well with the printer). However, I still need to learn how to create models of what I want to print..

Last edited:

grsfish

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I ordered Creality ender 3, hope it will be a great printer. I Bought just for home use. If interested, I can share the products that I will print on it (if everything goes well with the printer). However, I still need to learn how to create models of what I want to print..
I have the ender 3v2. I use tinkercad to design prints. It’s not that bad to use after watching a few YouTube videos

Noinoi24

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Nice of you to offer. I would like one printed. Not reef related. It’s a nano presso dosing funnel.

Attachments

• 37B04810-28B8-45AE-8721-5C202ADC7917.png
    37B04810-28B8-45AE-8721-5C202ADC7917.png
    117.9 KB · Views: 0

chemisfun11

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
Nice of you to offer. I would like one printed. Not reef related. It’s a nano presso dosing funnel.

If you need this printed please contact me at [email protected]

It should be made out of PETG since it will be in contact with food and I am sure you will want to clean it on occasion. I have plenty of colors.

chemisfun11

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
I have an ender 5 plus and two CR10 Max which are all Creality machines. Pick one and dip your toe into the 3D printing pool. My first printer was a simple Flashforge machine that I cut my teeth on. If you get really into it you can upgrade and grow after you learn what you are into.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: