mgchan

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I'd posted this on RC:

*** Disclaimers: Before you do this, understand you are doing this at your own risk. Though this worked for me, the results may vary and may not work for you. I did not do a chemical analysis of Joe's Juice to arrive at this nor am I discouraging anyone from using Joe's Juice. ***

I'd used Joe's Juice and seeing what it did to the Aips, I decided to see if I could replicate the results using stuff that I normally dose with. After trying it out, I was very happy with the results and decided to share this. Important, unless you already have these ingredients, I do not recommend purchasing them just to kill your Aips. It's cheaper to buy Joe's Juice.

Here's what you'll need:

Turbo Calcium*
Superbuffer-dKH*
Turbo-Strontium*
Disposable plastic cups
Coffee stirrers or thin ice cream sticks
1 - Reusable cone shaped coffee filter (nylon mesh type)**
1 - Irrigation Syringe
1 - Teaspoon
1 - Eye dropper (Optional)
1 - Clean small bottle w/sealable cap.

*Dry/concentrated by Kent Marine or any other company.

**Do not use disposable paper filters.

Preparation:

1. Measure and add the following into separate disposable plastic cups:

2 teaspoons - Turbo Calcium
1 teaspoon - Superbuffer-dKH
1/2 teaspoon - Turbo-Strontium

2. Take 3 plastic cups & put approx. 1/2 teaspoon of RO water into each cup.

3. Fill 1 new plastic cup and with RO water. Use this for adding RO water to your mix.

Procedures:

4. Take 1 of the plastic cups with the 1/2 teaspoon of RO.

5. Starting with the cup with the Turbo Calcium (the order doesn't really matter), slowly pour & stir the Turbo Calcium into the cup with the 1/2 teaspoon of RO. Using the eye dropper, add RO water, and continue to stir & pour the Turbo Calcium, keeping the mix close to the consistency of thick cream. If it's a little watery, don't worry. Keep doing this until you've used up the Turbo Calcium. Repeat step 4 for the other two ingredients.

6. Combine all three ingredients by pouring two of the cups into one (we'll call this Cup A). Mix & stir. It may foam or get hot, it's normal. Add RO water as necessary to keep the thick cream consistency. Stir for approx. 3 - 5 mins.

7. Let it stand for approx. 1/2 hour, stirring every 5 - 10 mins. This will help to release air in the mixture.

8. Place the coffee filter over a new plastic cup (we'll call this Cup B).

9. Pour the mixture (Cup A) into the coffee filter. Stir to help the liquid through the filter. The mixture may be 'sandy' or 'gritty.' I used the blunt end of a chopstick to help stir and grind the sludge, until most of the liquid has gone through. It's not necessary to push the sludge through the mesh.

10. Pour approx. half of the strained mixture (Cup B) into the original mixture cup (Cup A). Go back to step 9 and repeat this process 3 - 5 times.

11. Pour the resulting strained mixture (Cup B) into the bottle.

That's it!

Shake the mixture and fill the irrigation syringe. Happy Aip killing!

Recommendations:

- Don't go overboard using this on your Aips.

- To be on the safe side, try to apply this in the mouth of the Aip and a bit around the base of the Aip. Don't go squirting it all over your corals.

- After treating a minimum of 6 Aips, do a water change.

- Check for tiny Aips hiding between the polyps. Though you've gotten the large Aips, little ones continue to pop up now and then.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: