regal

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
figure out the size hole you need and buy a tap for it once u drill it use the tap to get the threads, hd carries them as well as most car parts store
http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs...3&productId=100079502&N=10000003+90401+503441

I thought it was that easy until I went to homedepot and another hardware store trying to get the stuff. But apparently, it is not as easy as I thought. I need to get the right size drill to start the hole and then the tap to make the threads. And then something about how many threads per inch. I don't know if that particular tap that home depot sell is the right one for the John Guest fitting with the threads on one end and the connector on the other.

Wes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I thought it was that easy until I went to homedepot and another hardware store trying to get the stuff. But apparently, it is not as easy as I thought. I need to get the right size drill to start the hole and then the tap to make the threads. And then something about how many threads per inch. I don't know if that particular tap that home depot sell is the right one for the John Guest fitting with the threads on one end and the connector on the other.

you have to look at the type of thread the John Guest fitting has. It says it on the package. It's been along time since i did mine, but if i remember correctly, Home Depot didnt carry the tap i needed to fit the threading on the John Guest fitting. I had to order it from the internet. I believe the john guest uses NPT but it's been a long time, it says it on the package.

WF_0034.jpg

WF_0035.jpg

regal

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
what size fitting are you going to use 1/4, 3/8, 1/2 inch

Either the 1/4 or the 3/8 OD tubing is what I plan on using. I want to drain the skimmer cup of my H&S skimmer. If I use the 1/4", i can use a tee to connect it to my RO waste water line. Which one would you suggest?

Last edited:

cali_reef

Fish and Coral Killer
Rating - 97.3%
36   1   0
You are better off emptying the cup every few days and CLEAN the neck to get optimum performance.

Having a remote drain cup is a bad idea for needle wheel skimmers, it does not auto shut off like beckett type skimmers.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: