i have a 55 gallon tank that i would like to offer up for free....i originally recieved it from kenconnect but have not had the time to fix it up and its been just sitting in my shed so i would like to give it to someone who will

it needs to be cleaned up and i believe there is a minor leak on the tank so it will need to be resiliconed

Rules

well there isnt much to this one other than if/when you upgrade to a bigger/better tank that you pass this tank on for free as well

also anyone i have dealt with previously as well as people who have good standings in the DBTC threads have first dibs

I stand the right to give the tank to whomever i see as most worthy of receiving it

tank must be picked up, i will not deliver unless im in the general area in the meantime anyway

also have plenty of feather caluerpa up for grabs right now too

Unfortunately resiliconing a tank isn't an easy thing to do. New silicon doesn't stick to old silicon. You'd pretty much have to rebuild the tank. You should try to get something for it on Craigslist as a reptile tank it give it to someone you know who could use it as a reptile tank.

Unfortunately resiliconing a tank isn't an easy thing to do. New silicon doesn't stick to old silicon. You'd pretty much have to rebuild the tank. You should try to get something for it on Craigslist as a reptile tank it give it to someone you know who could use it as a reptile tank.

its a bit of work but its not too bad...all you have to do is take the old silicone off with a razor, clean the areas and then lay a new mead down...

i appreciate the recommendation and ill try that out if all else fails

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: