I bought the colony at the swap and it just isn't doing well and the tissue has been receeding on me so I fragged it tonight(why it looks how it does). I have 5 frags available for pick up only. They are all 2-5 heads. They're non photosynthetic so lights they're under don't really matter.

Ok here are the rules- frag pics underneath the extensive list:

1) Enjoy the coral, hopefully it likes your system better thank mine

2) Enjoy your coral, it's yours now. I already basically lost my colony so I'd rather see a bunch of colonies hopefully grow out of these frags

3) Do what you want with it, if it takes off and you frag it give it to whomever you want. Only thing I ask is you don't put a bunch of rules that go along with it.

4) You don't have to offer me anything for them, again I just want to give them a better chance to survive

5)The most important condition of these frags---Enjoy them.
_DSC0263-5.jpg

_DSC0264-3.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks again Jimmy. Mine aren't looking too hot, I have been moving them around a bit for a spot where they'll be happy, they're not really extending their tentacles at day or night, I am trying to catch a good opportunity to get them some food. Still hoping for the best though.

Imbarrie

PADI Dive Inst
Here is the frag in my tank.
Looks good so far, thank you again, that is not a common find and I am hoping it really takes off.

Attachments

• IMG_0127.jpg
    IMG_0127.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_0128.jpg
    IMG_0128.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:

reefprobe

Experienced Reefer
USually when u target feed ( in very low flow) they pop out
If u feed your tank heavy they may come out too
If u ever had the normal orange sun polyp they are the
Same thing only more delicate
Yours looks good B

first colony I ever had I was told to put it in the shade and in very low flow....

it never opened (not even at night) and then I moved it into low-moderate lighting with moderate-medium high flow and the little buggers did well and after a very short period of time began to stay out all day. I had them for over a month before they opened up when I placed them into flow much higher than I was told to put them in.

It all depends on what the individual coral was used to. Some will adapt to and thrive in circumstances that they usually don't live in so if they don't open.... take a chance and put them in a place that isn't usual for them to be in. Most that I've ever seen do well have always almost been under rock, in a cave with very little flow however.

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: