C

Cu455

Here are some items which I will be giving away for free, but will be more then happy to take any frags or macro algae. I live in Hewlett, Long Island which is on the South Shore of western Nassau County. It's near Lynbrook, Valley Stream and Oceanside. Reef keeping is an expensive hobby once you are able to make sure you pass along a piece of what I gave.

Caulerpa: I will give 5 strains about 8 in each so I can get it to as many people as possible. If you want I can always give more. As I pull floating strains from my tanks I place them in a breeders box with some rubble. Some strains formed their rhizodes and attached to rock, if not I can glue them to a piece for you or give them to you loose.
9e970c6a6c6f175403957775869447cb_zps82817de3.jpg

Blue mushroom coral: I hope I can offer these. I never fragged anything before, but from YouTube videos it doesn't seem to hard. I figure I will give fraging a try and pass it on. I will try my best to get them to attach to rocks. I can give out about 4 mushrooms in total, I will like to give one to a person. This is to get them out to as many people as possible. If you want more then one i can do that to. One mushroom can then be fragged into 2 or 4 frags depending on it's size. I started with with one rock and after a month I found 7 pieces on other rocks in addition to what grew on the rock.

9e0ef1e9e3babd1f97c62b6ba7f0f25a_zpsc9762122.jpg

125 gallon canopy: This canopy needs to have the electrical work checked out. It has 6 lights and I am not sure if they are t8 or t12. When moving the tank a few months ago some wires came out in the back. So only 3 bulbs where working. It was used on a freshwater tank so I never bothered to fix it because it wasn't needed. Yesterday I took the canapy off did a water change and put it back on. Now the 3 remaining lights will only stay on for a few seconds. The canopy is heavy and a pain to take on and off. The wood is in good condition, but can use a coat of polyurethane or some think on the inside. Some wood flakes fall off when putting it on. This must be picked up.

Last edited by a moderator:
C

Cu455

I am not sure if it's all of these types of mushroom coral but they turn a flourecent green with the blue light.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: