GQ22

I am not going to name any names, but i have been seeing alot of "repeat" users hawking the threads.

Guys...chill out...share the wealth. This is not a freebie or for sale thread where the first person to post gets it...

My two cents

jejton

I think the same should be said on the freebie thread as well. Spread the wealth. I dont know if its just me, but some of the worst offenders on the freebie thread, at least, are vendors - something not kosher about that IMO. Flamesuit on.

Edit: This is not meant to be a vendor bashing post as most of the vendors behave very respectfully, are an asset to the site and a pleasure to deal with. I just think that it best if rules were established for the freebie thread, much like they are for the DBTC and For Sale forums.

Last edited:

inkblue

Rice Planter
fnd%20%286%29.gif

basiab

Advanced Reefer
There are quite a number who PM you and then don't show up. Maybe they buy something better or cheaper in the mean time because I see them answering other adds. But they don't even have the decency to tell you they are not coming and they don't answer a pm when you ask them for a response.

Alex

Pretzel in Orange M&M
It is interesting to see someone post their concerns on the DBTC program,as I am sure that many others have the same concerns but do not post in an attempt to not rattle the cage.

I guess the bottom line is that ,while it is great to receive a free coral, it is even better to allow others to get a free coral also.I would think that if you want to post that you are giving a frag to the program, with the hopes that someone that you know will quickly post that they want it so that then you can let that person have the frag. then why not just give the frag to that person without the post.

lets just keep in mind that no one on this site runs their reef like any other person. and even when we have the exact same setup and equipment our skills are different. so that same coral will be different no matter who gets it.
that said the purpose of the program is to keep the coral species going without an impact on the wild, so lets see this done.

Last edited:
Just a reminder of some things stated in some earlier DBTC posts that are relevant here:

"If the program is working properly no one person is going to be getting large numbers of frags at one time. In order to do so, they'd have to be trolling the DBTC forum and trying to dib every thread posted--- this would be uber uncool and IMO lead to them not being chosen for any of the DBTC offerings-- not by the mods but by the very folks participating in the spirit of the program. This is a program about giving not receiving and that is going to take some time for people to understand. If vendors were smart ( and many of them are) they would be DBTCing frags too. I know who I'd prefer to give my $$$ to when I need to buy something."

and

" also with "dibbing" for future frags, you can "dib" all you want, but it's up to the person growing the coral to decide who will receive it next. don't be mad if you "dib" something and are skipped over. "__________________

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Just a reminder of some things stated in some earlier DBTC posts that are relevant here:

"If the program is working properly no one person is going to be getting large numbers of frags at one time. In order to do so, they'd have to be trolling the DBTC forum and trying to dib every thread posted--- this would be uber uncool and IMO lead to them not being chosen for any of the DBTC offerings-- not by the mods but by the very folks participating in the spirit of the program. This is a program about giving not receiving and that is going to take some time for people to understand. If vendors were smart ( and many of them are) they would be DBTCing frags too. I know who I'd prefer to give my $$$ to when I need to buy something."

and

" also with "dibbing" for future frags, you can "dib" all you want, but it's up to the person growing the coral to decide who will receive it next. don't be mad if you "dib" something and are skipped over. "__________________

Couldn't have said it better my self!;)

And yes, I have seen certain people requesting quite a bit of the frags being posted. And I made a mental note of it. Simple as that! I didn't see the need for drama. Further more, if givers are choosing their pals - friends again it will not stay that way for ever. Eventually a frag of that coral will be back up on DBTC, and will go to another. I'm pretty sure that all the frags are not going to be kept in a closed circle for ever.;)
Can we all relax, and go with the flow? Let the DBTC develop into what it should be. I'm absolutely sure that the Good will over come the initial negativity. :inlove:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: