sweetsop

Advanced Reefer
Hi,

Nothing fancy, but I have a md. size lr with 2 kenya trees of md. size that I would like to donate, there are also baby yellow sun corals and baby mushrooms growing on this rock.

no major requirements, just good light, and sun corals need to be spot fed.

Please post on this thread if interested.

thanks, sweetsop

Attachments

• kenya tree rock.jpg
    kenya tree rock.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 174
Last edited:

ChibiReefer

hello,

is it still available? also can you post a pic? where are you located in brooklyn? are you in the city during the week?

thanks,

Annie

gimincorp

Advanced Reefer
Kenya Tree doing well, hope 2 frag soon 2 continue the Chain

OK, Gimincorp,

it's yours, pick up is in Williamsburg (Brooklyn). pm me for details.
Hi Sweetsop,
I'm glad to report that after I started dosing your two Kenya Tree corals with phytoplankton every other day they fully expanded and do look happy in my 10 gallon tank!
Here is the proof - a picture taken in my tank on 7/6/08:
c_kt_7-6-08.jpg

It was a pleasure to deal with you Sweetsop!

P.S. To all DBTC Members - this is a great concept. I'm currently reviewing videos on how to frag Kenya Trees.
QUESTION: can I use (aquarium graded) silicone to glue fragments to rocks instead of super glue?
NOTE: to keep this forum as DBTC related only, please PM me the answers to the question above.

Thank you,

Last edited:

gimincorp

Advanced Reefer
Kenya Tree Coral for DBTC!

Hi All!
This a Kenya Tree Coral (KT further). It's "mother" was given to me by Sweetsop. So I pinched off one branch and rubberbanded it to a piece of rock (from LI sound). In about a week I had what I'm offering now.
When fully "inflated" this branch is about 1" 1/2 - 2" tall/wide.
It is naturally attached (no glue or epoxy or anything) to a rock:
ktsweets003a.jpg

Here are the rules:
1. KT will go to someone who already had offered other frags on DBTC.
3. If I lose my colony, I get the next frag.
4. At least the first frag needs to go into the DBTC program.
5. You must agree to post your frag in this thread when you are ready to pass on the corals you have (to keep number of threads down)
6. Pick it up at my place in New Rochelle, NY 10805.
7. Please code your frags appropriately:
Since I got my frag from sweetsop, I coded hers KTsweets001, sequentially, mine (offered here) is KTsweets002, so once you'll be offering it's new branches they'll be KTsweets003 etc.
8. VERY IMPORTANT: if you want this piece, please PM me! I check the forum several times a week and will come back to you in a day or so. Your prior contribution to DBTC will be checked. Replying within this thread is optional.
Sorry I hesitate to deliver it and DEFINITELY WILL NOT SHIP!

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: