James

Zen-Reefer
These frags are single polyps (1 frag has 2). I bought 3 polyps and they grew fast so I am offering these up as freebies because let's face it, everyone loves free stuff. My frag is from M'akoy Pinoy so you know they are nice. You can see the pics of them here.

http://www.manhattanreefs.com/forum/fall-frag-swap-2010/76240-makoypinoy-frag-swap-list-10-a.html

It isn't entirely free, there are 3 rules even though it is not a DBTC coral.

1st rule: you must never sell this coral, you can give it away if you want but you cant sell it. that violates my trust and the community feel we have here at MR.

2nd rule: if for some reason my colony (which is not really a colony but a frag) craps out, you offer me up a frag of it.

3rd rule: if you have a newborn child in the next year, you must name it "James" in honor of me( I would prefer if this is your firstborn and male but any newborn will do). If you don't have a newborn child but somehow acquire a puppy, kitten, parrot or even a snail; you can name that after me. Just make sure whatever it is, it is a sexy creature worthy of such a strong and awesome name.

OK, I will be loose on the last rule but the first 1 is pretty much the important one.

Now, I just fragged these and am going on vacation for 2 weeks to Europe on Tuesday. I am going to let them heal for these 2 weeks. While in Europe, checking my MR PM's is going to rate very low on my list of things to do. I will pick who gets them according to your virtue as assessed by me. If I don't know your virtue and you want to plead your case as to why you will be the best choice (reasons for wanting this zoa, qualifications and overall worthiness) for this pink and gold zoa, you may write me a convincing PM or even better, post here. Creativity counts.

Take care and I hope naming your firstborn and applying for this single polyp of a relatively common zoa is not too much trouble for you. ;)

Imagine the hoops I will come up with when I put up a purple hornet... which I will be doing soonish.

-James:bablefish

DrMusik

Experienced Reefer
Not the most creative guy in the world but I'll throw my hat in the ring-could use a few more small zoa frags to finish filling out my tank which on my med student budget could take me awhile. Cheers and have a good trip.

James

Zen-Reefer
My 2 best friends are both doctors and I put up with their BS all through med school and they selected friggin Emergency Medicine... thus destroying my dreams of free health care for life. .... what kind of medicine do you plan on practicing? If plastics we can talk, I'm not the best looking guy and I could use some extensive work. I figure that is about even for a polyp of pink and golds. What say you? ;)

James

Zen-Reefer
yeah for now although next year i hope to change my name to
"corporate soulsucker sellout" on MR. trying to get out of teaching into something more lucrative. also working on drafting a novel... actually that is a lie but i do want to start writing one.

My degree is in Finance and I did the i-banking bit. As most socially astute thinkers who have spent a year or two in that trade will tell you, disillusionment comes quickly and ferociously. It really sucked waking up every morning and feeling like a sellout before even getting out of bed. I was lucky to see through the greed, futility, and carcinogenic attitude towards society in my twenties and changed roads. Of course, this is merely my opinion and experience but I found teaching one of the most fulfilling pastimes thus far.

DrMusik

Experienced Reefer
My 2 best friends are both doctors and I put up with their BS all through med school and they selected friggin Emergency Medicine... thus destroying my dreams of free health care for life. .... what kind of medicine do you plan on practicing? If plastics we can talk, I'm not the best looking guy and I could use some extensive work. I figure that is about even for a polyp of pink and golds. What say you? ;)

Right now, its looking like Cardiology but I'm just going into my second year so I've got a way to go to decide. Emergency Medicine is pretty awesome though lots of time off.

KoralGal

Experienced Reefer
I would love to have a frag, but I have some conditions of my own:

- Must be aquacultured, since, even though I am a beginner & this is my first tank, I have sworn an oath that my tank must be completely sustainable
- You must additionally provide me some scrapings of coralline to seed my ceramic rock

As for the name, the coral would be my third, but I expect to acquire more corals over the year, and would be happy to name this or another one after you. And unlike those other folks who are probably just pretending, KoralGal really DOES name her creatures and CALLS them by name, crooning sweet nothings at them until Bob in the next cube goes nuts. So far, there?s only Dax (a ric & my first symbiont), The Tutus (zoas) & Fanny the worm.

Does James have a preference for the type of coral he would like named after him? Think carefully, this could determine how your name is used:
?Stop waving your tentacles, James.?, or
?James, please stop stinging The Tutus.?

James

Zen-Reefer
I'm back, 1 of the frags is now 2 polyps with a 3rd on its way. The other 2 are nice too. I have contacted those 3 lucky people through PM, youngreef, guarda, and koralgal. Let's organize the best time to pick up. Today works for me, after that I won't be back until monday. Remember, I am in Bay Ridge. :) oh yeah, first to pick up gets the bigger frag.

James

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: