Bertdog

Experienced Reefer
hey Jim , moved things around in the tank so now the piece that you gave really stands out .specially when the blues come on it just screams bright neon green. I also had a little piece broke of so i glue it to a disk . so i have now i have officially accomplish my first frag. and yes when i set up the ato I'll take you up on your advice.

Bertdog

Experienced Reefer
its doing better now it had fallen over and landed on a frogspawn so some of the edges got affect but i believe it should do fine. funny i was going to send you a text about your setup , pertaining to the can that you premix your salt in. how long do you have it sitting there before you used . I'm trying to figure out if i did a 50 gal mixture how long can it stay in there i have to used (naturally with power head in it so it continues to mix)

polywise

OLD SCHOOL-ish
Bert,
Are you thinking on using the 50 gallon mix to do 2 water changes? over the course of 1 month, or over 2 months? It sould be fine providing you keep 1 keep the cover on it, 2 keep it moving, and have minimal air going to it from a air stone. I have never don this, and would only be concerned about evaporation changing the specific gravity.

Bertdog

Experienced Reefer
i have a 70 gal and 100 gal tank so 20% should use up most of it . but i wasn't sure how long after mixing that it needs to be use. i was panning on using a power head to keep it mixing,but are you using and air pump . is that the better way to mix it .

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: