Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi everyone this is my frist post. I am getting back into the hobby and looking for some advice on buying a glass tank (120 gal ). I have been looking at the rimless tank at glasscages.com. Thoughts???

Rating - 100%
31   0   0
I'd look elsewhere.

Glasscages.com has decent prices on tanks but there are can be some (catacalysmic) inconveniences like leaks & water bursting at the seams.

At best, you'd live with the sloppy silicone on the tanks, short silicone cure time, crooked overflow boxes and sharp edges and corners on the glass.

At worst, of course the tank could fail. Albeit it may be a small chance, but I've read more than a few horror stories to even entertain the idea of buying one.

Their small tanks seem decent (>60 gallons). I know a few people that use them for secondary or frag tanks. Still has the sharp edges and silicone work of Ray Charles.

When your tank is ready, it gets put onto a truck along with other tanks headed in our area. You have to show up at the exact time and place with your own transportation and help to haul your own tank from the centralized rendevous location (think Macy's parking lot as an example).

A quick Google search might give some better insight and examples of good and bad feedback.

Last edited:

Widdy

Vendor
Rating - 100%
75   0   0

If I had to do it all over again, I'd look into Reef Savvy in South Florida. A few people have recommended them to me, past & present.

They do custom rimless tanks.

Thanks for this, Ed. Will bookmark them for future upgrade ;)

hi everyone this is my frist post. I am getting back into the hobby and looking for some advice on buying a glass tank (120 gal ). I have been looking at the rimless tank at glasscages.com. Thoughts???
Miracles, as already mentioned. I bought mine from Coast to Coast in Toms River last year... fantastic craftsmanship, premium pricing. All comes down to budgeting...

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: