turbotone

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok im new to this hobby and i inherited a 75 gallon tank and prior to moving everything to my house i bought things that were needed for the set up to run...

so i bought this RO/DI from new world aquarium and unfortunately theyre closed and the original paper work that came with this unit is for ever lost bc we moved the tank to my house 5 days before the original owner moved out so anything that wasnt needed was thrown out

so heres a few questions:

what brand is this RO/DI?

where can i get these filters?

can anyone direct me to a link that will replace these filters?

do i need a tds system and should i invest in installing one on this unit or upgrade to an RO/DI system that has one included?

what is the normal life span gallon wise from this RO/DI or most RO/DI?

ok lets see who can id this the 100.00 bill is just for size comparison.. its my filter money lol

Attachments

• 2011-08-01_20-58-04_329.jpg
    2011-08-01_20-58-04_329.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 181

mbg75

DIATOM MAGNET
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
Sediment and carbon filters are same size for most units. U need to see if the Di is a sealed cartridge or refillable.
TB aquatic had replacement filters and Di for like $25.
Membranes are usually ok.
You'll need a Tds meter to see that the unit is putting out 0 Tds

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

MatthewScars

Guns, Razors, Knives.
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
what brand is this RO/DI? It doesnt matter, they are all the same

where can i get these filters? Anywhere. Ask any vendor on this site. bulkreefsupply.com has them.

bulkreefsupply.com.

do i need a tds system and should i invest in installing one on this unit or upgrade to an RO/DI system that has one included? Yeah, get a dualinline TD meter, they are like 30 bucks.

what is the normal life span gallon wise from this RO/DI or most RO/DI? few days with a power head in them circulating the water.

Also, you probably want to look at getting a third carbon block. One is not enough and will put strain on the RO and decrease its life. Check out this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuVveFHSut4

Rating - 50%
1   1   0
what brand is this RO/DI?
This is a no-name knock off system. The only venders that commonly sell thses misconfigured systems (small horizontal DI) are on ebay.

where can i get these filters?
You can get replacement filters at many venders - the filters in your system are of a standard size

I could, but they don't like us venders post links to our sites!

do i need a tds system and should i invest in installing one on this unit or upgrade to an RO/DI system that has one included?
A TDS meter, as well as a pressure gague, are two must-haves.

what is the normal life span gallon wise from this RO/DI or most RO/DI?
Sediment filter and carbon block - 6 months
RO membrane - 2 to 5 yrs
DI resin - you need to get a real DI stage! It will last 4 to 8 months typically.

No need to add a second carbon block unless you have chloramines in your water.

Russ

turbotone

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what brand is this RO/DI? It doesnt matter, they are all the same

where can i get these filters? Anywhere. Ask any vendor on this site. bulkreefsupply.com has them.

bulkreefsupply.com.

do i need a tds system and should i invest in installing one on this unit or upgrade to an RO/DI system that has one included? Yeah, get a dualinline TD meter, they are like 30 bucks.

what is the normal life span gallon wise from this RO/DI or most RO/DI? few days with a power head in them circulating the water.

Also, you probably want to look at getting a third carbon block. One is not enough and will put strain on the RO and decrease its life. Check out this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuVveFHSut4

thanks for the info and answering my questions i really appreciate it

turbotone

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a no-name knock off system. The only venders that commonly sell thses misconfigured systems (small horizontal DI) are on ebay.

You can get replacement filters at many venders - the filters in your system are of a standard size

I could, but they don't like us venders post links to our sites!

A TDS meter, as well as a pressure gague, are two must-haves.

Sediment filter and carbon block - 6 months
RO membrane - 2 to 5 yrs
DI resin - you need to get a real DI stage! It will last 4 to 8 months typically.

No need to add a second carbon block unless you have chloramines in your water.

Russ
thanks for the info and time frame... im actually gonna pass this unit to a friend for cheap and im going to upgrade to something with a tds meter and pressure gauge is there anyway to upgrade just the di stage as well?

Rating - 50%
1   1   0
thanks for the info and time frame... im actually gonna pass this unit to a friend for cheap and im going to upgrade to something with a tds meter and pressure gauge is there anyway to upgrade just the di stage as well?

Sure - a pressure gauge, handheld or inline TDS meter, and an Add-on DI Kit are all things you can add to that system.

Russ

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: