Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a fully stocked tank 120 gal 30 gal sump mostly sps and lps. My skimmer sump buddy 40 is not doing the job need help.i have room in my sump for 12 by 12 footprint and 25 high that includes taking off the cup. I plan on getting a 180 to 200 gal tank in the future. I would like to get some feedback on a great skimmer that will be able to do the bigger tank in the future when i take down my 120. I looked at bubble king mini 200 and skimz 251 does anyone have these skimmers which is better and could they both handle a 200 gal tank in the future

rickytsui

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
The EV400 is a pretty nice skimmer no lie. I'd still prefer the Reef Octopus Xteme Series. I swear by these MSX160s. It's like the Bubble King minus the price =D
u will see what age will do to those skimmer i had my for 6 years already still pulling out the same as new =) BUT is it pricees that i aint gonna lie

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
danny what pump are you using on the sump buddy ? and using the small or large bio balls and how many and how often do you change them out, i wasnt impressed with my BK for the $. whats your price range also, and would you be able to run a external skimmer ?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
new skimmer

danny what pump are you using on the sump buddy ? And using the small or large bio balls and how many and how often do you change them out, i wasnt impressed with my bk for the $. Whats your price range also, and would you be able to run a external skimmer ?
i have a mag 9.5 on the sump buddy 40 and i have never changed the bio balls 16 months old i used the ones they came with. My price range is around 750 to 1000 but has to work on a bigger tank if i switch. Do you like summp buddy 40 do bio balls have to be changed just plastic.

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
yes gary reccomends changing them every six months, and it does make a differance, if you can get away with external or have room to fit it the skimz sm202 recirc is a beast, i was a tester on that skimmer, will easily handle a super heavy stocked 120g and will handle up to a really stocked 210g system, built like a tank and super efficient, the skimz 251 is too much skimmer and if ya look at the sk181 kone or sk201 kone would be a really nice fit also

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: