Arati

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 100%
56   0   0
well the time has come to order a skimmer. for the last week i nhave been trying to decide.

NAC7 or In-180 .. and I just cant decide.

100g of sps is my system.

so lets hear your opinions maybe it will help me decide

i'm gonna put +1 for the nac7 for jerl77 .. lulz fanboi:sgrin:

what does everyone else think? :help:

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
what size tank arati ? ive owned the vertex in180 twice and absolutely love that skimmer, just was too much for my tank, i do know someone who might have a used one f\s if interested

ryangrieder

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
I have owned both. The vertex was amazing, I had it on my old 72 bow. One of the best skimmers I have ever owned. I currently have a nac 7 and also love it. I fill a 2.2 gallon container in about 4-6 days with a solid skim mate.

Either one you pick, you will love. You can't go wrong with either. both amazing skimmers with nothing but good reviews

E.intheC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
150   0   0
Ive owned 2 of the vertex skimmers and one Bubble Magus. I really like the vertex line, but the 180 will be MUCH too large for your 65 (great for the 120, though). I would also take a look at the Octo SRO line. A bit more expensive but the Bubble Blaster pump is very good.

Arati

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 100%
56   0   0
I have been running an ati bubble master 200 for the last few years.

I'm not sure I understand the draw back of running a skimmer that is over sized?

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
it wont skim consistant, problem i am going through now with my WM k2 and i had the 180 on a heavyyyy stocked 80g sps tank the combo of neck size and air draw makes a differance, you could always go with the in100 which is more then enough for your tank now, then get the new sicce 1000 skimmer pump when you upgrade and put it on that body which makes it a beast

duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
i have the in180 vertex and i like it.i dont have many fish so its never working hard but when i inject a mushroom to kill it or a heavy feeding on my SPS its really skims it out.my tank is a 92 gallon with 2 20 gallon tanks for fuge and sump

Arati

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 100%
56   0   0
decided to gamble and purchase from ebay. 249$ bubble magus 180-ex, supposedly its atb by bubble magus. so for its seems like a good skimmer. ill take some pics of it later running.

its seems silent and well built.

IMG_6143.jpg

IMG_6144.jpg

IMG_6145.jpg

IMG_6146.jpg

So far i'm happy , although the ads says it has a quick disconnect for the cone to clean the pump.. its really 10 nylon screws.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: