TH3C1SC0K1D

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
So I received my Avast Marine Works "You Build" MR5 Media Reactor. I am so impressed with the kit that I am going to buy about 3 more reactors and their Kalkwasser Stirrer! Construction was amazingly simple (the instructional video on the website was great). After about 15 minutes of construction the unit was completely assembled and is now sitting for the final curing stage. Ample tubing was included with the reactor as well as a valve for controlling the water flow. I honestly say that Avast Marine Works definitely has my business from this point forward. It is always nice to see the small things a company does to make the customer feel special. In my instructions was a small post it not which was hand written with a thank you from Justin regarding the purchase of the item. I wish all companies had that intimate touch with their clients.

Avast-1.jpg

Avast-2.jpg

Avast-3.jpg

Avast-4.jpg

Avast-5.jpg

Avast-6.jpg

Avast-7.jpg

Avast-8.jpg

Avast-10.jpg

Widdy

Vendor
Rating - 100%
75   0   0
Swabbie is awwwwwesome! Certainly a luxury, but if it means I can be lazy -- deal me in! I have their swabbie and topdown pothole, awesome craftsmanship and superb customer service by Justin. Considering a "You Built" K1 kalk stirrer...

Awesome pictures!

TH3C1SC0K1D

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Swabbie is awwwwwesome! Certainly a luxury, but if it means I can be lazy -- deal me in! I have their swabbie and topdown pothole, awesome craftsmanship and superb customer service by Justin. Considering a "You Built" K1 kalk stirrer...

Awesome pictures!

I just ordered another MR5 Media Reactor and the K1 Kalk Stirrer. I will post photographs on the units and their build when they come in, hopefully in the next day or two.

Widdy

Vendor
Rating - 100%
75   0   0
I just ordered another MR5 Media Reactor and the K1 Kalk Stirrer. I will post photographs on the units and their build when they come in, hopefully in the next day or two.

Great! Looking forward on your review and pictures. If you don't mind me asking, did you order the You Built K1 Kalk Stirrer? I'm pretty handy, but I'm skeptical of putting the stirrer together myself. I see it's a $60 variance from You Built to AVAST Built, if it was an task putting it together I don't see the price difference being that high. Just wondering on the degree of difficulty of assembly.

TH3C1SC0K1D

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Great! Looking forward on your review and pictures. If you don't mind me asking, did you order the You Built K1 Kalk Stirrer? I'm pretty handy, but I'm skeptical of putting the stirrer together myself. I see it's a $60 variance from You Built to AVAST Built, if it was an task putting it together I don't see the price difference being that high. Just wondering on the degree of difficulty of assembly.

Everything I ordered from them is the "You Built" version. I love tinkering so it was a win win for me. So I will definitely update this thread when they come in and I get everything setup.

TH3C1SC0K1D

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Filling the Avast Marine Works MR5 "You Build" Media Reactor.

So I took a little trip to PetSmart to pick up some CaribSea Ocean Direct Live Sand for my Media Reactor. I had enough to fill the media reactor and also fill my Quarantine Aquariums sand bed. Unfortunately I cannot connect it to the system yet because I am still waiting on the delivery of the pump as well as items to plumb my sump. :banghead:

Avast-11.jpg

Avast-12.jpg

Avast-13.jpg

Avast-14.jpg

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: