G

geoff2daleft

Im shopping around for a ro di system have about $150. to spend, can I find a good one, all advice is welcome .

Paolissimo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
88   0   0
Spectrapure is having a fall sale
http://www.spectrapure.com/email/customer-appreciation.html
maxcap 90gal/day is $269. Is not in your price range, but thats what i have and it's great. If you do decide to go with that, buy also the zetazorb filter ($24)and use it in the first chamber (meaning take out the one that comes with the unit). I also needed a booster pump which adds another $120. Also keep in mind, that for every gallon of ro/di water your produce 4gal is discarded.
Again I have a spectra pure unit, and it works for me supposedly they are the best, I am sure BRS, Filter guys, water and ice are just as good, but keep in mind you might need a booster pump and they are about $120. Plus the cost of the "wasted" water.
Hope it helps and I haven't confused more..lol

Jaynie1028

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Check out brs I got mine there 5 stage for 189.00 with free shipping. And I love it. Comes with a built in tds meter and shut off valve. It was a great deal for under 200.00.

Good luck

ryangrieder

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Airwaterice.com... typhoon 5. i believe it's in your ball park. I know 3 people with them and absolutely love them. Very nice simple design and comes with everything you need.

thirty5

A Little Annoyed!
Rating - 96.6%
84   3   0
I am getting a BRS today withe group buy. I am going to do a config my own. Total will be $204. Well that was before the group buy.

That is for a 5 stage with dual TDS, pressure gauge, auto shut off, float. And couple other things...

advanwoerden

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I just bought a new 5 stage RO/DI unit from BRS, and after running it for a couple hours (65 PSI, 0 TDS reading) tested the phosphates. I used the digital Hanna Checker, which is supposed to be accurate to .01PPM with +/- 0.04 variability. Here are my results:

RO/DI water: 0.10PPM
Newly mixed water with Tunze Reef Salt: 0.14PPM
Tank water: 0.15PPM
Tap water with no reagent: 0.01PPM

I'm disappointed with this reading - do you think my tester is off, or are the phosphates really that high? I ran out of reagent, so was unable to test my tap water for comparison...

(Also posted this on a new thread)

advanwoerden

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Got more reagent, tested my tap water and got 1.88PPM, tested again the RO/DI water (after running for another hour) and still got 0.10PPM!!!!! Just to be sure, I tested the water without using reagent again and got 0.00PPM.

So, either my RO/DI really does have phosphates or the calibration on the Hanna Checker is off. Any suggestions? Anyone with a reliable Hanna Checker (or other digital phosphate tester) I could borrow to test my RO/DI water? I don't want to have paid $200 for a RO/DI unit that still gives me significant phosphates, esp. when my tap water isn't that bad..

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: