evoIX_Reefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
ha. like the title?

Since I just encountered a major disaster where it cost me 500 bucks. I looked for a solution that would give me some added protection against something in this manner if it happens again. Obviously if your tank cracks/leaks this will not save you but it may help if the crack or leak is high in your tank.

I've taken upon myself to find a solution that may work for others to give a little more protection and safety to your mind.

I am sure someone else has thought of this or purchased it but never really pushed for it to others!

GRI Water Sensor Controller

This controller is similar to our topoff controllers but uses a GRI water sensor instead of a madison float switch. Upon sensing water the controller will either turn off or turn on power. You can also add additional water sensors for +15$ each by using the misc payment item below. Includes a low voltage relay and power supply as the GRI sensors run on 12VDC. The GRI sensor leads are 6 feet. GRI Water Sensors are triggered by a moisture bridge across the sensor contacts. The GRI Water Sensors can detect a layer of water as minute as 1/16 of an inch in depth which makes them great for use as a fail-safe. Our GRI controller does not include a mounting bracket.

We have found that the GRI sensors don't hold up very well to being repeadily submerged in seawater. These work great as a fail-safe such as detecting when water overflows onto your floor.

50 bucks shipped - http://autotopoff.com/custom/

I intend to add all my pumps to an American DJ Power Panel - 15bucks for a 4outlet panel. Through amazon.com

So if a leak is detected it will shutdown my pumps exculding my powerheads to keep circulation. My apartment is central heat that it keeps it at a pretty stable 75-78degree tempature so no need for a heater.

I would suggest this method for ANYONE. Please don't let this happen to you!!

Mike

evoIX_Reefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
A hose got loose for a pump using as a U into my hob fuge. I decided to lessen the amount of chance of a leak or it happening again so I bought a DIY sump to fit my needs better.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: