adamizy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Im going to be moving soon and will have space for a nice sized tank. I want a 57 rimless maybe. I need some advice on what equipment i will need to buy. I know for sure im going buy one mp10. I need advise with finding a skimmer and lighting the most and water pumps. Right now I have a 20gal but I dont think im going to touch it. I never had a skimmer so im not fimilar with them, I just have a fuge for the 20. Any advise would be appreciated. :thanks:

Rating - 100%
141   0   0
well to be honest i would say to go with either 2 mp10 for 1 mp 40. i have a 57 and i feel 1 mp10 is not enough. . lighting you have to plan out to see what kind of corals you want to keep. As far as all the other suff goes it all pends of what ur budget you working with.
i have pics on my tank threat you can take a look. if you have any ? lmk

adamizy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
well to be honest i would say to go with either 2 mp10 for 1 mp 40. i have a 57 and i feel 1 mp10 is not enough. . lighting you have to plan out to see what kind of corals you want to keep. As far as all the other suff goes it all pends of what ur budget you working with.

I plan to have a mix of everything. Budget is not a big factor for me. Ill be setting up in a few months so I got time to save up.

howze01

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
What are you looking for as far as lights? Halide, T5, LED?

I'm not exactly a skimmer expert but I have a Bubble Magus NAC3 and I really like it. The Reef Octos are pretty good too.

For a return pump, I really like the Sicce Syncra series. Pretty energy efficient and dead silent. I just got one for my upgrade.

In a 57 I wold go with 2 MP10s too. Don't think 1 is going to give you the flow for a 57.

adamizy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
16   0   0

I'm not exactly a skimmer expert but I have a Bubble Magus NAC3 and I really like it. The Reef Octos are pretty good too.

For a return pump, I really like the Sicce Syncra series. Pretty energy efficient and dead silent. I just got one for my upgrade.

In a 57 I wold go with 2 MP10s too. Don't think 1 is going to give you the flow for a 57.

If i have enough im going to go with LED's.
Yeah i think ill buy 2 if needed.

Og Drogon

Freshwater monster
Rating - 94.1%
32   2   0

+1 on that bubble magus nac-3 I love that skimmer.

I'm Nemo's mother!

howze01

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
I have 2 AI Sols for my new 50g. It isn't up yet but I have hooked the AIs up a few times and they are impressive little lights. There's also the Chinese fixtures taht are supposedly starting to use better components. I have seen them for $150 or so for the 55 bulb 120w fixtures.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: