raidernation

JUST REEF BABY!
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
just got the same tank and having the same issue on lighting, been reeding alot of forums on here and some of the neg of t5 is electricity bill vs the led cost/coral thrive (higher quality/cost=higher coral growth). so i really want leds for looks on the rimless but cant afford the spread i need for this tank due to being layd off, so my research starts for d.i.y. led project

Og Drogon

Freshwater monster
Rating - 94.1%
32   2   0
Where can I even start looking for a DIY led project? Is the a website that I can go to for some more info?

You can check with wingo led I think he goes by (pro led builder) here he's a vendor here, he has some great stuff.
Or rapidled.com they are also a vendor here.
If you go with T5s then Russ from saltwatercritters.com is your man btw he is ALSO a vendor here ;-)

Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
You can check with wingo led I think he goes by (pro led builder) here he's a vendor here, he has some great stuff.
Or rapidled.com they are also a vendor here.
If you go with T5s then Russ from saltwatercritters.com is your man btw he is ALSO a vendor here ;-)

Thanks for the reference.

My LED brand name is WingoLED
and my user name here is Aqua Pro Builder

TiM71717 just switched from T5 to LED on a 57G, you can ask how he likes the switch.
http://www.manhattanreefs.com/forum/general-discussion/104953-rsm-250-led-mod.html

Last edited:

ryangrieder

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
6 bulb t5 is the only light I'll reccomend for that tank. That's what I had and I loved it. The only thing LEDs offer is a blue shimmer....is it worth twice the price? No. If you really want the shimmer, well then eventually add a reef brite. That will pierce through A 6 bulb t5 and add a shimmery look. That's also what I did... It was perfect

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: