nyc reefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 96.5%
274   10   0
I finally did it, made the change from 250w MH to Leds. I decided against a DIY approach due to my lack of time. So I went with AI Sol blues, I made the purchase from TB Aquatics, free Bump for Brian, awesome service, fast shipping, and the 5% off for new customers was great. I had to change my rail because the two unit system comes with a 24" rail so I went in person on Monday paid the difference and had my 48" rail.

I will admit, on my 72ga bow two are not enough, I have dark spots on the corners. So I purchased a third unit, waiying for it to arrive should be here tomorrow. I'll post pictures of the lighting once I get the third one. So far I love them, they are ultra quiet, with no heat transfer, my chiller has not turned on even once since I changed the lighting.

Attachments

• 100_0397.jpg
    100_0397.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 466
  • 100_0408.jpg
    100_0408.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 451
  • 100_0409.jpg
    100_0409.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 454
  • 100_0410.jpg
    100_0410.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 465
  • 100_0412.jpg
    100_0412.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 456

thirty5

A Little Annoyed!
Rating - 96.6%
84   3   0
I am going to only use 2 on my 75. The problem with the hanging kit from AI is that the lights need to be turned. I am going to turn them the opposite way for my tank. 2 Should be plenty, I had to make custom hangars for my lights.

nyc reefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 96.5%
274   10   0
AI Sols

I will post pics of them on the tank when I raise them up. I think Im going to use "L" brackets to raise the rails to the recommended 12" height.

Yes Chief, I started using them turned down to 50% max for now and next week I'll go up some more to give my corals a chance to acclimate slowly. As for the controller, its awesome gives you so much control over the lights, from ramping up, to moon cycle, storms, oh let me stop, lol. I love my new lights.

TheGropster

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Instead of making custom brackets I went to home depot and purchased a predrilled strip of metal and cut it about 6 holes in, used some washers on the stock screws for the AI Hanging Kit and it was the perfect width. Took about 15 minutes and I was able to use the original rails ! I have 3 running lengthwise about 14" above the water on my 180gal

thirty5

A Little Annoyed!
Rating - 96.6%
84   3   0
Instead of making custom brackets I went to home depot and purchased a predrilled strip of metal and cut it about 6 holes in, used some washers on the stock screws for the AI Hanging Kit and it was the perfect width. Took about 15 minutes and I was able to use the original rails ! I have 3 running lengthwise about 14" above the water on my 180gal

Does no good without PICS!!! LOL

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: