roc5288

ReefersDelight
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Trying to get some thoughs on a 48" 8 bulb ATI powermodule. I found one on reefgeek.com with bulb's for $1,121. All ATI bulbs of my choosing if in stock. good deal ?

Please LMK.

Thanks.

jerl77

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
100   0   0
i have been saying that for years i would go with mh before i go with leds and you all know how much i hate mh lights t5 is the only way to go !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:smash:
buy ATI i just switched from LED to ATI 8 bulb sunpower dimmable and love it, JERL right LED wash color

PHILYD1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
43   0   0
this is a quote from a service guy...

"I've seen this type of bleaching time and time again with LEDs. My service company has used many of the top brands and without fail, the coral health over time just goes down hill. Sure they look great under the blues but as soon as you look at them under any sort of normal light, you can see that they are really washed out. The only LEDs I've ever had any sort of long term success with has been the reefbrites and even with those, I had to use Aquablue t5s with the LEDs to keep the corals happy and colorful. I think there is alot of promise in LED technology, but for long term coral success, I recommend staying with the tried and true t5s, MH and sparing LED use to accent color"

roc5288

ReefersDelight
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
There is no doubt about it. I'm going with the t5s, Just wanted to know if you guys think that is a decent price for this fixture with bulb included. For the t5 experts what would be a good choice for the bulbs. Would like to keep a mixed reef with mostly sps ?

mbg75

DIATOM MAGNET
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
There is no doubt about it. I'm going with the t5s, Just wanted to know if you guys think that is a decent price for this fixture with bulb included. For the t5 experts what would be a good choice for the bulbs. Would like to keep a mixed reef with mostly sps ?

How deep is your tank?

You might be able to go with less bulbs or a lower end fixture.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

roc5288

ReefersDelight
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
24" its a 120. Don't really want a lower end fixture. I want to make sure I have a good fixture that will handle anything I put in the tank.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

mbg75

DIATOM MAGNET
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
24" its a 120. Don't really want a lower end fixture. I want to make sure I have a good fixture that will handle anything I put in the tank.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

My tank is 20" deep and i'm running a 6 bulb Tek Elite.
Light is 10" off the water and it's enough light that my favia and chalice on the sandbed, had to be moved to shaded areas due to bleaching.

Just trying to say that you could probably do a 8 bulb Tek or a 6 bulb ATI and have enough light for less money

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: