cdamiano

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
154   0   0
The Reefkoi evo fixtures seem to get good reviews. If I were you I would get 2 of the evo 100 model. That would give you better coverage for a little more $$ and give you more flexibility in case you wanted to keep other types of corals.

strgazr27

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
123   0   0
Although the price looks attractive there are few things I don't like about the RK EVO. You are stuck at a set color temperature of 20K or 14K depending on which unit you purchase. There is no ability to dim the fixtures and there looks to be no upgrade path other than buying a new unit. And honestly over a 90 gallon, if it's a typical sized 90 2 units would just be enough light.

If your going to spend a little more than $600 on the EVO's save your money for a little while longer and buy 2 AI's. a MUCH better investment as far as LED's go.

Your other option is a TEK 6X T5 fixture. This would allow for you to choose the color you want to run as well as keep SPS later on should you decide you want to go that route. Yes you have to replace the bulbs but the advantages offset that issue in A LOT of peoples minds.

A "Budget" LED fixture will get you just that. Budget LED's and there is a BIG difference between quality LED's and budget LED's.

JM2pennies.

Wolf DOT

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
A "Budget" LED fixture will get you just that. Budget LED's and there is a BIG difference between quality LED's and budget LED's.

JM2pennies.
Would this include the Marineland Reef Capable LED Lighting System? I was thinking of going with this for a 55 gal, but was unsure of its capabilities. the specs make it sound appropriate, and there's not many choices i can fit on top of my tank as it has a 13" width(48" X 13")

Thavngr98

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Would this include the Marineland Reef Capable LED Lighting System? I was thinking of going with this for a 55 gal, but was unsure of its capabilities. the specs make it sound appropriate, and there's not many choices i can fit on top of my tank as it has a 13" width(48" X 13")

I bought this for my 90 and I returned it a week later. Its not a very good light. I ended up getting some lights from Wingo. You should contact him. He will give you a good price and hes a good guy to deal with. I ended up with 2 of his grand slam bars.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: