Mongo77

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Hello, I just got a used mp10es and I was wondering how much noise is normal. Manuf. date is April 7, 2011. My first day running it, it seemed to be running quiter. Now it seems to be making a whirling sound. Not overly loud but noticeable. I've taken the wet side off and rinsed it and it seems to help but when I return to the tank it doing again. Is it just out of alignment? Oh and I'm using the spacer.

dherrera83

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
144   0   0
I am having the same issue, i did everything. Cleaning the wetside and aligning but if its still under warentee just send it back. Thats what i am doing. Its not suppose to make noise, mine didnt make any noise at all, now it sounds like its crying!... lol

chasesng

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
i wouldnt chance it Mongo. That thing is liable to blow the whole house up. You better bring it here to my laboratory. Much safer if it test it out in my tank. I'll get it back to you in a year or so with my findings.

No charge......

TRIGGERMAN

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
172   0   0
Mine is usually dead silent, I had it in my storage for a while and when I took it out to use it it wasn't working. I took the wet side apart cleaned it out and it was good as new. It is also not a bad idea to have an extra wet side like I do just in case.

P.S. I can all but guarantee I'll get PM's about it.. NO IT'S NOT FOR SALE!

budddman

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Mine had been making noise all last week and when i went to start it last night..it kept false starting. Took it apart and noticed at the bottom of the shaft of the wetside, the white coating was worn away on one side of the shaft.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Reefs

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: