E.intheC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
150   0   0
I'm still looking for an external return pump for my basement sump.
Does anyone have experience with a Poseidon ps3/4?

They seem to have relatively low wattage and handle head pressure well. (Both are very important for me). I'm looking at about 16 feet of head pressure for my 90 gallon tank.

Thanks

Jzhou

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
43   0   0
I prefer them over the Iwaki pumps because they aren't as loud. They also produce a stronger flow for the power consumed. They're pretty durable pumps, surprised not more people talk about them.

E.intheC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
150   0   0
I'm surprised as well. They look pretty efficient- only 140 watts and it looks like they handle head pressure well.

I picked one up (used) for $85 shipped, so it looks good to me.
I'm also OK with the fact that they're water cooled. I don't mind the heat they'll inevitably add. Our house is kept at 62-65 degrees during the winter so a little added heat is a good thing.

pmoneyt

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
I have had T2, T3, and currently 2 T4's. I will say the best and completely silent pumps I have owned. They add heat to the tank but I have a chiller. Just get a T4 its good for the head height and delivers 1260 GHP.

What really sucks is they don't make them anymore.

E.intheC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
150   0   0
I received the pump yesterday.. they're much smaller than I thought they'd be. Not a bad thing though. Hopefully I'll be able to get the basement sump running soon so I can try this pump out.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: