Dace

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 99.7%
393   1   0
Royal-Exclusiv Alpha 200 Cone Skimmer

Thinking of getting this skimmer for my 90 Gallon tank. Does anyone here have it or have used it that can tell me what they think

Widdy

Vendor
Rating - 100%
75   0   0
Hi! Welcome back! I have the AC170 on a 75g + 30g sump, and it totally rips the system. The AC200 might be a bit bigger than you'll need for a 90g. NYreefNoob might be able to share his experience since he had the AC200.

Dace

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 99.7%
393   1   0
Hi! Welcome back! I have the AC170 on a 75g + 30g sump, and it totally rips the system. The AC200 might be a bit bigger than you'll need for a 90g. NYreefNoob might be able to share his experience since he had the AC200.
yes it might. But most people that know me know i hate small tanks, So if i upgrade to a 140 gallon i won't need a new skimmer. also i like to over feed my fish..

fishman1069

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Where are you gonna place the skimmer in that sump? The only place I see would be the same area where the return pump is going to be. Even with an ATO the water level is gonna drop and rise in that area. Also, a 40 breeder sump with baffels would run somewhere between $50-$100, instead of almoet $400

ctrayer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
I made my own sump. Make sure to give yourself extra room
the skimmer has a large foot print with the pump sticking out to the side
also check that you have enough height where you are locating the sump to
remove the top of the skimmer to clean out. I clean out 2 times a week
it pulls that much out of the water. I'm not talking about just emptying
the skim but removing the top section and scrubbing off the nasty brown scum.

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
dave the 200 is just too much for a system that size, i had the same skimmer on my 80g with 15 fish 50+ sps and then some lps zoa's ect, personally id go with a atb 840 even if you move to a 140g tank it will be more then enough, get a 40 or 50g breeder and make a sump or contact alfie he might have a sump f/s mine sat in a constant 8" with no issue and it did work on my tank but i knew it was too much and was catching up to the tank to where it would keep a consistant foam head { plus i fed 3 cubes a night plus flake and pellet here and there

Dace

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 99.7%
393   1   0
thanks for the info. i see that in that sump you can make the middle section the skimmer section the question is whether it would fit in that sump

Rating - 100%
161   0   0
i just got the alpha 200 love it i also got the automatice cleaning head for it i think its called the vector ,i have 200 gallons total in my system i contacted vertex and asked them which one they would recommend for my system cause i wanted to go with the 250 but shot me down and said the 200 would work better the 250 is overkill and wont skim right ,im def happy with my 200

Dace

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 99.7%
393   1   0
i just got the alpha 200 love it i also got the automatice cleaning head for it i think its called the vector ,i have 200 gallons total in my system i contacted vertex and asked them which one they would recommend for my system cause i wanted to go with the 250 but shot me down and said the 200 would work better the 250 is overkill and wont skim right ,im def happy with my 200
my total would be around 135 gallons

fishywoo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
125   0   0
Dave I use the ATB 840 on my 90 gallon and its perfect. Not only that it is quite, easy to set up and best of all reasonably priced. Added to all that the ATB service is first also class. Did I say I like my ATB. :biggrin:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: