AJ1080

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok thanks guys, as I said though, I already ordered that one. What kind of meter should I look for or pick up to test the output?

Theres pretty much 2 options you can go for in terms of a TDS meter:

1. Hand held TDS
  2. In-Line TDS
Check out Bulkreefsupply to see the different options. I had links posted but because Im a newb, I cant post links.

With the inlines you have a couple options: Single Inline, Double Inline. With the single you only have one probe, with the double you have two which you can use to test the water going in, and coming out.

Personally I like inline because its all one piece.

MeanGreenEyes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
I would also make sure that you have an auto shut off for it and a float valve. The float valve is not an auto shut off. The auto shutoff is an inline piece that you attach to the lines.

+1 lol...I flood my bathroom almost every week when I go to make my water change water b/c I get wrapped up with the family...I'll get one and hook it up eventually...lol

rcharliesam

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Thanks guys, I think I am all set now. I will look into picking up the auto shut off kit, as it does seem like a good investment. I really don't want to sit and watch the water fill up anyway. Also, my water pressure is definitely good, so I shouldn't need a booster.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys, I think I am all set now. I will look into picking up the auto shut off kit, as it does seem like a good investment. I really don't want to sit and watch the water fill up anyway. Also, my water pressure is definitely good, so I shouldn't need a booster.

Np dude! Helping each other out is what forums are (at least always should be) about, you did the right thing investing in a good RO/DI unit for your new tank, good luck with the new tank and don't be afraid to ask questions

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: