PalmTree

Rating - 100%
23   0   0
I recently purchased the ReefKeeper 2 from Digital Aquatics and have been using it for the past 2 weeks. I have to say that I was put off by the high prices of other reef controllers on the market and was perfectly fine with using a bunch of timers and adapters to run my equipment. I did this with my first set up and really found that it worked well. Only problem was the mess of wires running throughout my tiny basement and behind my then 75 gallon reef. I have since moved and upgraded to a 180 RR. Like most people, I look back at my first setup and saw all the things that I would have changed if given the opportunity to start from scratch. Finally the opportunity has arrived and the first thing I wanted to do was untangle the mess. Sifting through all the options always led me to one conclusion which was to purchase a controller. Again the price made me cringe every time. That was until I saw the ReefKeeper2 on RC. I read the reviews and investigated the product the best I could. The set up is quite simple. The unit consist of a power strip like device with 8 outlets each controlled independently by the remote display. Each outlet is called a channel and can operate whichever type of equipment you choose. (Metal Halides, VHOs, Power Compacts, Pumps, Calcium Reactor, Chiller, etc.) By dedicating a particular channel as a Metal Halide outlet you get the added feature of sure on which gives the added security of your MH reigniting in the event of a power loss. Another feature I was impressed with is the standby mode which allows you to power off your circulation pumps for your specified amount of time for feeding. Pumps will automatically turn back on after the designated amount of time has expired. The remote display glows with a soft blue LCD which is a really nice feature and very different from other controllers on the market. There are a few more functions that I have yet to put to use. I called the company direct and picked their brains with questions and Scott, one of the tech guys, was more than helpful and completely took the time to help me understand their product. For the money I think this system is a great buy. Check it out at www.DigitalAquatics.com

Attachments

• RK2_UI.jpg
    RK2_UI.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 230
Last edited by a moderator:

jhart

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I love my ReefKeeper 2..How many people test there Orp,or have there system hooked to a modem,So basicly why pay $600.00 for features your not going to use anyway, If you want simple easy to use, and effective, RF2 is your answer...

reefer-nyc

One Evil Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Love mine but I think I have a bad BNC port for the Ph monitor. I have calibrated several times in 7 and 10 and replaced the probes and it still just reads 7 when on Salifert I am 8.3. Any suggestions?

Chiefmcfuz

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Love mine but I think I have a bad BNC port for the Ph monitor. I have calibrated several times in 7 and 10 and replaced the probes and it still just reads 7 when on Salifert I am 8.3. Any suggestions?

Call Digital Aquatics and tell them they may be able to help you with the problem also DA has a forum on RC that you can post on and they will get back to you very quickly.

Chiefmcfuz

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
I just got one of these last week and so far I love it. I can't wait to update the firmware and for DA to get that logging software in. It would also be nice to be able to program the unit with a computer once the logging software is available.

matthewdmueller

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I have one and I love it. Plus they are coming out with new software so you can hook it up to your computer and monitor your tank that way. I think its a great product for a great price and it does everything that I need and want it to do.

tcmike64

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
can this product also control auto top off systems? and does this controller hook up to a computer? and if so can you program this controller from a computer? thanks.. been looking into fully automated systems that you can run from a computer.

jhart

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Update on my RK 2... I had my unit under my tank and had some salt creep enter around the outlets, It fried up, I sent it to Scott, There doing the right thing by offering a refurb unit, Having it almost a year now , I still love it allthought it fried, My mistake should of kept it away from salt creep, but my cords wont reach out from under the tank, so I'll have to periodiclly clean it now, to prevent that from happing again.
The software should be good but my opinion, You dont need it, You can set it for auto top off with a timer on your pump from a bucket of water , but your better off to run a line from your Rodi with a float valve and waste shut off...Great Product

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: