Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Anyone have any first hand knowledge on the Eshopps Gen. II skimmers?

I have read the few reviews that I was able to find on the net, and now I would like to know if anyone on MR has anything to say about them.

Thanks for taking the time to read this....

RoMe

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
I have Da psk 300 on my 120 It's a easy skimmer to adjust to adjust and its quit da only thing I don't like about it is dat it get a lot of salt build up and would over flow out da collection cup or won't skim besides dat it a great skimmer

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Hi RoMe, thanks for your reply! I do appreciate you taking the time to respond..

I am in the process of trying to figure out if it will fit in my sump or if I need to go with the smaller PSK-200.
How much room does your skimmer take up in your sump including pumps, and the return pipe?
My skimmer space in my sump is only a very tight fitting 15" X 14" once pass the opening which is only 15" X 10" due to the euro brace.

RoMe

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
ImageUploadedByReefs1344705797.230014.jpg

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
I just placed my order for the Eshopps PSK-200 GENII Protein Skimmer.;) Should have it on or before next Thursday..
Thanks RoMe & Kevin, for all the help guys!!:hug:

jkidd155

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
ive had da psk 200 n its cool but u have 2 keep adjusting it i just got da s150 eshopps cone skimmer it picks up alot more than my psk 200 but overall i still have 2 adjust it but i can live wit dat there great skimmers overall

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
ive had da psk 200 n its cool but u have 2 keep adjusting it i just got da s150 eshopps cone skimmer it picks up alot more than my psk 200 but overall i still have 2 adjust it but i can live wit dat there great skimmers overall

I've only had 3 skimmers (TurboFlotor 1000 Multi, Euro-Reef RS 80, BM 250), and all had to be adjusted from time to time.;) So I can live with that.

I did order the Eshopps PSK 200 GENII, just waiting for it to be delivered. Shipping stated it should be here Aug. 16 or earlier.:usa1:

shmibly

True Maggot
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a the latest PSK 150 (just got it in june) and my only complaint is that the adjustment pipe can get a bit annoying if there is alot of salt creep. Other than that the foaming and skimmate are pretty consistent. Getting new toys is always fun, enjoy!

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
I have a the latest PSK 150 (just got it in june) and my only complaint is that the adjustment pipe can get a bit annoying if there is alot of salt creep. Other than that the foaming and skimmate are pretty consistent. Getting new toys is always fun, enjoy!

Why is there a lot of salt creep on your skimmer? Is your sump turbulent? I get minute salt creep on the equipment in my sump, but quite a bit on the right door of the cabinet.
Yup, new toys are always fun as long as they are not to complicated that is.:teeth:
Got an email last night skimmer will be here tomorrow.:thrash: I love Premium Aquatics!!!:smile:

shmibly

True Maggot
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Holy crap thats fast shipping lol. And yeah in the first chamber theres no splashing but alot of..."bubbling?" from the drain that seems to lead to creep on a specific side of my sump, the adjustment pipe just happens to be in this area so I always have to clean it.

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Holy crap thats fast shipping lol. And yeah in the first chamber theres no splashing but alot of..."bubbling?" from the drain that seems to lead to creep on a specific side of my sump, the adjustment pipe just happens to be in this area so I always have to clean it.

Yes, that fast! That's Premium Aquatics, PHENOMENAL customer service as well.;)

I guess you don't use socks on your drains. I have socks on both my drains so no splashing unless I let the socks get clogged, which is not a good thing. Not only cause of the splashing, but because of the detrius build up.

Also, if you are getting micro bubbles out of the pipe on the skimmer you can add one of those filter sponges that are sold for the mag pumps.;)

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
It is a vinegar bath! Only had a cup of vinegar to add to 20 gallon tub filled with 10" of tab water. Soaking it over night

Attachments

• Eshopps PSK 200 GEN II Protein Skimmer.jpg
    Eshopps PSK 200 GEN II Protein Skimmer.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 209

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Is this how you break in a skinmer quickly? And also watch out for the secret plastic cover on the collection cup lid lol

I do the vinegar bath to rid the skimmer of any oils, and yes I believe it breaks it in a little faster.;) It is now in the sump less then 24 hours in 9" of water. See pic below.:)
I love everything about this skimmer. So simple to put together, and operate. Gotta love the fact that they even to the time to put a foam shelf where the pump sits.;) Didn't have to come up with a way to support the pump.;)
What secret plastic cover on the collection cup lid?
Yes, I know I have to take off the tape. I just didn't feel like it just yet.lol

Attachments

• Eshopps PSK 200 GEN II Protein Skimmer in sump.jpg
    Eshopps PSK 200 GEN II Protein Skimmer in sump.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 207
Last edited:

shmibly

True Maggot
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Theres a really thin plastic sheeting on the lid of the collection cup lol. If you have yet to take the tape off you have yet to see. I had no idea it was there until it started curling off from the salt spray lol. Enjoy your new skimmer!

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Theres a really thin plastic sheeting on the lid of the collection cup lol. If you have yet to take the tape off you have yet to see. I had no idea it was there until it started curling off from the salt spray lol. Enjoy your new skimmer!

Hahaha, ah you are talking about the protective film on the acrylic.;) Yeah that's there to protect the lid from scratches. I took it off, and put the tapes back on until I saw how the skimmer operates just in case it over foamed, and pushed the lid off. Didn't really expect it to do so, but never know.:tongue1:

Well, so far so good. Got monitor the skimmer when turned off, and then back on. So far the cup has filled twice. Not sure when or why exactly this has happened so still keeping an eye on it.
Another thing I like about it is that cleaning is going to be ubber easy.;) With all my other skimmers I could never get inside the body to clean them. With the Eshopps it will be so easy on account of the wide mouth.:)

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: