james1990

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Im stumped on this one. I set up the new PSK100-H skimmer with some vinyl tubing to extend the intake and drain to reach the water level in my sump. After 3 days it broke in and started pulling out some good stuff. I have a very small nano with light bio load so there isnt much to pull out to begin with.

I took it out the other day to clean the skimmer and other parts in my sump and set it back up. Now its not skimming. The water level is the same in the skimmer but its not foaming just bubbling. What could this be? the motor?

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
The question would be are the bubbles being produced of the same amount and the same size as before. If there larger or the surface tension is always being disturbed then check your pump and the air intake for clogs

RoMe

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
I took out the motor and cleaned it. Everything looked okay and clean but now it's not turning on at all. Is the motor shot?

Da same thing happen to me
It was salt build up
You would need to dissemble da pump and
Clean da part where da clear rubber hose connects to da pump and once you get the pump running you could soak in vinegar with the pump running for an hour

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: