Alfredo De La Fe

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
So, about two years ago, my Gen-X pump feeding water to my ETSS skimmer died. I did not think much of it... Today I decided to see if I can fix it. Long story short, the impeller is RUSTED solid! Why would they use materials that can rust in a product meant for use in salt water?

Alfred

So, about two years ago, my Gen-X pump feeding water to my ETSS skimmer died. I did not think much of it... Today I decided to see if I can fix it. Long story short, the impeller is RUSTED solid! Why would they use materials that can rust in a product meant for use in salt water?

Alfred

I know what you mean, I had the same the thing happen to the pump on a vertex skimmer, they're called Resun but Resun, Gen-X and Sedra are all the same pumps just different names. Anyways, mine had the same exact issue and I was surprised myself that a company doesn't make rustproof parts for equipment meant to be used in saltwater. I only had the vertex off for about a month and it rusted solid so your pump has probably been in that condition for a long long time.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: