duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
I never did this before because my old temp probe would jump all over the place. i ordered a new probe and it is holding true for a week now so i want to hook it up to my RKL but dont know how to. i know how to make the port a heater outlet i just dont know how to set up the temps on the controller on the heater and on the RKL. does the temp on the heater controller have to be what i want it set at and the rkl a few degrees higher or vice versa. also can i hook up 2 heaters with a split to 1 rkl heater outlet or do i have to use 2 outlets? if i can use 1 outlet how do i do that?

lnevo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
I'm using a ReefAngel and I have my heater set a little higher and the controller where I want it...the controller is a lot more accurate and easier to set, so that's where I control the temp from. Someone on another thread mentioned going the other way to save cycling on the outlet but my outlet only goes on and off a few times throughout the day, so I'm not worried...we'll see what happens when winter comes...

As far as hooking both up, you can probably just use a splitter to plug both into same outlet, depends on power rating for the individual outlet though...

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: