duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
Anone else have trouble keeping there calcium reactor a constant number? I use a ph probe with a effluent cup and my ph numbers go from 7.09 to 6.85 constantly moving up and down. i have the mtc mini cal but the eheim pump went but i replaced it with a mag 3 with real close GPH. could it be the pump. I just took it all apart blew through all the lines with my compressor, cleaned the foam pad in the first chamber and rinsed off the media but its still doing it. my alk and calcium are fine but i like my ph steady so i can see if i need to lower or raise the flow when needed. could it be the pump thats doing this?

duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
last night after messing with it i left the flow valve open and it held staedy at 7.06. checked it this morning and it was the same not bouncing around. when i lowered the flow valve it started jumping around again and is still doing it.

duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
the pipe has a split. the hose to the left is what feeds the mag 3 the water from the fuge.the pump pulls the water from the fuge

Attachments

• calcium reactor.JPG
    calcium reactor.JPG
    67.1 KB · Views: 112

duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
plus it has been working fine until about 10 months ago. i usually just break it down clean it out and it works fine for a month or 2 then i have to do it again. i did that yesterday but its still not working correctly

Last edited:

Macropora

Zoa Echino Aficionado
Rating - 100%
725   0   0
Check with Jeff at MTC. He'll guide you in the right direction. I had a piece of bubble algae clogging the input line of the Pro Cal causing it to fluctuate. Also check your output line to see if anything is clogging it. Good luck!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: