tosiek

Rating - 100%
48   0   0
So, I was playing around with my Seneye Par Reader on my Elos mini with the AI vega color fixture. Wanted to post up some quick par numbers.

Light is at 3.5" A.W.L. (above water line) with 60% intensity on each LED group, white, blue, royal blue, deep blue, red and green.

These are all measurements below the water line.

4" - 590 PAR
9" - 360 PAR
13" - 220 PAR

50% intensity is giving me 500-510 par 4" below water line.

80% intensity is giving me 770-790 PAR 4" below water line.

I'll be raising my light about 2-3" and adjusting the intensity of the light so im getting about 100-150 par at the sandbed and maxing at 400-450 or so at the top of the rockwork 3-4" down from the water line.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
So, I was playing around with my Seneye Par Reader on my Elos mini with the AI vega color fixture. Wanted to post up some quick par numbers.

Light is at 3.5" A.W.L. (above water line) with 60% intensity on each LED group, white, blue, royal blue, deep blue, red and green.

These are all measurements below the water line.

4" - 460 PAR
9" - 295 PAR
13" - 195 PAR

These readings jump up about 60-100 PAR going to 80% intensity. Higher par jump at 3" giving me around 580-600 par, smaller par jump at 13".

I'll be raising my light about 2-3" and adjusting the intensity of the light so im getting about 100-150 par at the sandbed and maxing at 400-450 or so at the top of the rockwork 3-4" down from the water line.

Great, thanks for the info. I'm installing two AI Vegas on my 120 today or tomorrow. Still working on the brackets,etc..

batt600

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 90%
27   3   0
Just keep in mind that the par meters dont read leds reading right . my experance with leds over 2 years know is the par is higher then the reading with the par meter. The par meter cant pick up the blues and whites true par. Those readings are great so far but be very carefull with raiseing them . Those XLM leds are no joke.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: