jaBX1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Hi all,

I am new to manhattan reefs, so glad to have found a reef community for NYC.

Right now i have a prizm HOB skimmer, i absolutly hate it. It was on my 20gal reef and it skimmed fine but it needed to be adjusted daily.
Not only was it constantly in need of adjustment but it was also extremely loud! After a few weeks I stopped noticing it but anytime i had someone over they would comment on how loud the tank was.

I recently started a new 29gal system with a sump. This is my first tank with a sump so i thought it only right to also upgrade my skimmer and get an in sump style.

I have already gone over my $500 upgrade budget but the skimmer is the last piece to the puzzle.

I have been looking at the ESHOPPS PSK-75 or 100. They are relativly inexpensive and i trust the Eshopps brand. My obvious concerns are how well it actually skims and the noise level.

I would gladly spend the extra money for a silent skimmer.

Has anyone had this skimmer? any input would be greatly appreciated

Buck0land

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
79   0   0
I'm running the PSK-100. Its rather silent and seems to skim well. I get a cup full of thick black skimmate a week with a relay light bio load (all my fish are in QT) and I running the skimmer rather dry.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: