jaBX1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Im in the process of setting up a new 29 gal with 10 gal sump. this is my first sump setup as im upgrading from a 20 gal with redsea prizm and canister filter. lighting came from a two blub t5 fixture (48W).

For the new tank i decided to ride the wave and get an LED fixture.
it is a dimmable 120W with 55 led 3W each (30blue, 25 white),

anyone else have this type?
i know its an off brand (im in school, reefing is expensive!) but surely someone must have a similar fixture.

i have 2 questions: 1. how do you have it mounted? ceiling hung, bracket, wall?
2. how do you like it? I heard the 90 degree angle can burn corals

any input would be appreciated

Omlar

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im in the process of setting up a new 29 gal with 10 gal sump. this is my first sump setup as im upgrading from a 20 gal with redsea prizm and canister filter. lighting came from a two blub t5 fixture (48W).

For the new tank i decided to ride the wave and get an LED fixture.
it is a dimmable 120W with 55 led 3W each (30blue, 25 white),

anyone else have this type?
i know its an off brand (im in school, reefing is expensive!) but surely someone must have a similar fixture.

i have 2 questions: 1. how do you have it mounted? ceiling hung, bracket, wall?
2. how do you like it? I heard the 90 degree angle can burn corals

any input would be appreciated

Can you share some picks?

Rating - 100%
97   0   0
That many Leds may be an issue on a 29g since they are bright at 3w each, running closer to 2w. My cousin has a kessil a150 and a 12" reef brite which is nice on a 30g cube. Spread is very important but led penerate very well so make sure to start any unit at least 14-15" off the surface and work down. ALWAYS acclimate the corals on the bottom. Ive had experience with them browning. Also a factor is the ability to dim this is why people like the AI, Vertex, and radions. Take a look at this light. It may work the best on a 29g since its dimmable and comes with green and red spectrum, http://reefkoi.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=20&products_id=2457

Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
Last edited:

REEFSTA

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
According to the spec you provided, the light is running at 1 to 1.5W even though the LEDs are capable of 3W max! It said the working current is 300-350ma.

If it has only 40 LEDs, the max is 60W total, not 120W!!!!!

But in your own description, you said 55 LEDs, so which one is the one you actually want to get?

reading the fine print thats how they get you good call out

jaBX1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
thanks for all the replies, sorry ive had midterms..

here are some pics of my light.

the link was not my light, just very similar.

My light has 55 3w LED: 30 blue, 25 white
they are 3 watt but i believe mine run at 2w most of the time/all the time

to tell you the truth i am not an electrical guy, i barely understood wattage w. t5s, the whole LED switch had me confused so i did ALOT of research and this seemed like the best bang for my buck, i know its a chinese factory product but it was the right price at $170

anyone whos done a diy hanging bracket or anything similar i need ideas

john

jaBX1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0

Attachments

• IMG_1043.jpg
    IMG_1043.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 277
  • IMG_1044.jpg
    IMG_1044.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 283
Rating - 98.1%
155   3   0
I.got two of those lights and one from wingo last night with the lenses kinda cool has red and green bulbs on it so am gonna put that one in the middle and the other two on the sides my tanks 60 inches tho I.was also.womdering how high they should be i was gonna do ten inches to.incorparate into.canopy

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: