aquasteve

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Getting ready to start up a 180 FOWLR system and need suggestions on heating.I keep 2 300 Watt jagers in the overflow boxes but dont think that truly keeps the tank heated.Moved the heaters into the main tank which I think will work but don't like the look.No room in the sump.Any other suggestions that might work.

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
No room in the sump for 2 heaters? Really?
The overflows are a poor idea IMO to have 300W of heat in such an enclosed space, especially with the water rushing past they would likely be very ineffective placed there.
If there is no room to hide them behind your aquascaping in the DT, your only other choice is the sump.
Is there nothing you can rearrange there to fit them it there?

jaa1456

MR's Greatest Member
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
I currently have my heater in my overflow, the temp stays at a constant 76. I have my pump throttled back and I'm not 100% sure the flow rate but I would say its at 400 gallons an hour.

aquasteve

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
JBJ Heaters

How would two 500 watt JBJ titanium heaters work? Each would have its own controller.Thats a little over 5 watts per gallon which I really need since my basement is cold.Can you use two seperate controllers with each set to the same temp?Any advice is really appreciated.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: