Jarrett

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
thats not my thought behind it mike, my thought is save me the money i just spent and give the pump a break every night, not having the flow blasting at full power all night is certainly not going to hurt anything inside the tank and i am sure it will extend the life of the pump.

pecan2phat

Professional Commuter
Rating - 100%
85   0   0
If you keep a high flow tank such as an SPS dominated tank and have fish, then I would use night mode to give the fish a break more so then the pump since our tanks are so small and shelter is not as prevalent. But in a frag tank with no fish, I do not use night mode. I remember reading one time that the current does not die down at night in the ocean.

Jarrett

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
yes thats also why i use night mode, my poor clowns sleep right up against the overflow and i see them at night struggling, so i think they appreciate the night mode. and the flow is raging in there all day so i am sure a little break time is appreciated for everyone. its not like the flow dies down to nothing its just half what i have set, so theres still plenty of flow to keep things moving.

lnevo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
yes thats also why i use night mode, my poor clowns sleep right up against the overflow and i see them at night struggling, so i think they appreciate the night mode. and the flow is raging in there all day so i am sure a little break time is appreciated for everyone. its not like the flow dies down to nothing its just half what i have set, so theres still plenty of flow to keep things moving.

My clowns do the same thing..it's so cute huddled up in the corner :)

pecan2phat

Professional Commuter
Rating - 100%
85   0   0
At the actual time you want the night mode to start, press mode and set together until the LED is flashing 2 colors, then release. Now immediately press mode and set together again and you will see a slow blinking white LED now. It will be in that mode for 10 hours by default.
If you have the ES driver, you can configure the speed and also amount of time of the night mode. If you have just the white box Gen2 driver, then you cannot adjust any of the default settings.

strgazr27

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
123   0   0
If you keep a high flow tank such as an SPS dominated tank and have fish, then I would use night mode to give the fish a break more so then the pump since our tanks are so small and shelter is not as prevalent. But in a frag tank with no fish, I do not use night mode. I remember reading one time that the current does not die down at night in the ocean.

Currents don't but wind/wave action is greater during the day than at night so actual turbulence is often times much less at night, especially in shallower areas of reel reefs.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: