empire

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Hey i'm thinking about possibly upgrading my deep blue rimless 30g, or possibly adding an additional tank. The next/new tank would be a deep blue 80g, which is 48"24"x16". My main concern is how long will the rimless version of this tank hold with all that constant pressure from water circulation? Is this something to be concerned about? Can silicone seams alone hold a 4 foot tank?

CHEMCHEF

PERMANOOB
Rating - 100%
79   0   0
They seem to be holding up well so far. I have not heard any horror stories yet..
The glass on these rimless tanks is pretty thick in comparison to the deep blue rimmed tanks.. Also silicone is really strong. try tearing a tank apart witout cutting the slicone. its nearly impossible without breaking the glass.. I know this because as a kid I would destroy anything lying around.. LOL

james1990

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I think its pretty safe. they really load the rimless tanks with silicone. Deep blue is one of the largest tank distributors so if there was an issue with one of their most popular tanks it would have been known by now. On the other hand, I wouldnt go creating a 3 inch wave in the tank lol

E.intheC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
150   0   0
where can i get a 57g rimless for good price ? any help would be greatly appreciated

You're close to Tropical Island Aquarium in Deer Park. It's on rte 231. Excellent store. Ask mike for a price. You can also see the tank in person because one of his display tanks is a 57 rimless.

I don't recommend the Deep Blue stands though.

cnotes999

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
You're close to Tropical Island Aquarium in Deer Park. It's on rte 231. Excellent store. Ask mike for a price. You can also see the tank in person because one of his display tanks is a 57 rimless.

I don't recommend the Deep Blue stands though.

Have you had or heard any horror stories on these? I have one with my 57 gallon setup for about 2 years and now you have me worried!

E.intheC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
150   0   0
The tank? No I haven't. The stand just isn't as sturdy as other options. Just check to make sure the water hasn't gotten into the MDF on the stand. I'm sure it's fine though.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: