ecvernon

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
170   0   0
I won't say one is better than the other. However I do prefer tunZe over vortech. I have owned mp 20 mp40 mp10. All of my vortech pumps required me to send them in at least once during the warranty repair for various problems. The customer service from EcoTech is excellent. Turn around time for repairs are very fast since it is in PA(3to 4 days)
I changed to using a tunze 6055 first and I loved it. It is significantly quieter than a vortech even on full blast or wave mode. Similar modes on vortech pump is loud compared to a tunze. I currently am running two tunze 6095s. These pumps are awesome and with the new wide flow nozzles it definitely achieves a similar effect to a vortech in terms of the broad flow. I have been running the tunzes little over a year. I just had to send one of them In For repair last week due to a faulty power supply. Great thing about tunZes are they have two year warranties. Turn around time was about 1 week having to ship to Texas. Many different flow patterns are achievable, I use my apex to control them.

E.intheC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
150   0   0
This question gets asked a ton honestly. That said, it depends on what you want.

Vortechs have a smaller in-tank profile but can be louder than Tunzes. Vortechs usually require more maintenance and aren't quite as reliable.

Both companies have excellent customer service and you really won't go wrong either way.

rtague

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
65   0   0
Thanks guys,I'm definitely leaning towards tunze.I figure I can get 2 6095 for about the same price as 1 mp40.I like the idea of them being silent.Will 2 6095 be ok for a 75 g mixed? they'll be hooked up to an apex controller.

ClownAquatics

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 93.8%
45   3   0
Another benefit of the vortech is no wire in the tank and small footprint inside the tank.

Tunzes work well and are reliable as others have mentioned, only thing is the wire in the tank, but if you scape it properly it isn't too distracting.

Hope this helps!

Rating - 100%
90   0   0
I won't say one is better than the other. However I do prefer tunZe over vortech. I have owned mp 20 mp40 mp10. All of my vortech pumps required me to send them in at least once during the warranty repair for various problems. The customer service from EcoTech is excellent. Turn around time for repairs are very fast since it is in PA(3to 4 days)
I changed to using a tunze 6055 first and I loved it. It is significantly quieter than a vortech even on full blast or wave mode. Similar modes on vortech pump is loud compared to a tunze. I currently am running two tunze 6095s. These pumps are awesome and with the new wide flow nozzles it definitely achieves a similar effect to a vortech in terms of the broad flow. I have been running the tunzes little over a year. I just had to send one of them In For repair last week due to a faulty power supply. Great thing about tunZes are they have two year warranties. Turn around time was about 1 week having to ship to Texas. Many different flow patterns are achievable, I use my apex to control them.

Wanted to write my own opinion but I have the exact same one as Ecvernon expect that I have never had problems with Tunze. I switched from Vortechs on my current tank to 2x6105 controlled by Apex. The take more space in the tank that vortechs but are dead silent and you can angle them (in my case that worked better as I didn't want anything on my side panels). If you already have Apex they Tunzes are gonna be cheaper than Vortechs as they don't require controller.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: