Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so i just got a new tank that has a hood that i would like to use but i have a currant us outer orbit light with mh, t5, and leds and it doesnt fit under the hood.... can i take the ballest lights and reflectors out of the houseing and screw them to the top of the hood? will it be ok is it a bad idea has any one ever done this before?

any input is appriciated thanks you.

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Can you modify the canopy in any way?

Pix of both may get you better responses.;) We have quite a few DIY'ers that are very good at what they do, and one of them may be able to give you some good ideas.

dacaptain78

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I am unsure about pulling apart the light. You can cut out part of the top of the canopy and lay your light fixture on top of it. Not the best look, but it should work if you dont want to replace one or the other. As Awibrandy said, pictures would help.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will try to post some pics when i get ut of work. the fixture is 48 inchs and sits right to the edge of the tank and the way the hood is built it doesnt look like i can cut it and the hood is like a inch to tight. mayby i can trim down the light houseing fixture idk im grasping at straws.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so last night after a friend of mine came over we trimed the inside of the hood and it fits rightin now but my next worrey is that the vents and fans pretty much are blocked now. is that ok or what should i do?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: