Mike's Reef

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Anyone operating the MTC Procal reactor.
The green effluent line is working fine. I also have drops of water coming out of the red line. I have heard some people say the red line should be elevated so no water runs through it.
Anyone else do this?

SethKim

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
The red tube is for gas escape. Occassionally it would drip water while gas is escaping, so it should be hanging on top of the sump as well.
You got gas pocket on top of the main chamber right? The reactor is not functioning at its optimal when you have gas pocket on top. You are either running too much CO2, or your affluent(blue) is not strong enough.

SethKim

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I use MTC pro cal, its heavy duty reactor with poor design!
Because it has dual chamber, each chamber runs at different pH. If you are using a pH monitor to control the efferent that is coming out of the smaller chamber, that is not the pH of the main chamber. To solve this issue, you need to either install a pH probe in the main chamber (pain in the ...) or tee off the green, one connecting back to the main chamber and the other connect it to a valve to control the drip effluent. The point here is to fully open the initial valve on the smaller chamber so that it mixes with the main chamber water. Hope this heiped

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: