heylauren

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Trying to decide if a 6x54 T5 setup is enough for a 120G mixed reef. I do plan on keeping a clam or two someday...

I've been searching everywhere but can't find too much info, any help would be greatly appreciated!

Was thinking of the aquaticlife 6 bulb t5 setup 48"

Thanks!

Also, I'm buying a used MP40, couple of years old, anything I should look for on it? Known issues? It's a very good price.

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
6 bulb t5 would work, 8 would be better. I would stick with ATI or TEK brands. They are much brighter than "cheaper" t5s. OR go with 2 led's for a mixed reef. I've seen some $200 Generic Chinese fixtures that look decent (you would need 2)

Rating - 100%
78   0   0
LED's

These are the LED's I have on my 75 gallon(2 of them) these are the cheaper versions of the LED's you posted, when I say cheaper I mean they are NOT dimmable and do NOT have the green or red led's. Same company though Bridgelux. With that being said I've had them for around 4-5 months and have had good growth on my softies(Xenia/Kenya) and LPS(Frogspawn/Duncan). I do wish I had the option to dim the lights. Other than that no complaints..Hope this helps.

Attachments

• LED'S.jpg
    LED'S.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 134

heylauren

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Lol I know what you mean about the goldfish tank, the sellers in China are a little weird sometimes...

According to them, they have agreements with certain places here to repair their items if they break.

I'll keep everybody posted on how the colors and such look.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: