Smotz

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
For those that care, I was told that the Jebao WP-25 will be available by the end of next month.

"My name is Wystan from Jebao, nice to know you ,
the WP-25 will be available by the end of next month,
Also may I know your company name or website ?thanks!"

E.intheC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
150   0   0
Why E? Do you know something we don't?

They are knock off Chinese pumps that come with ZERO warranty from the company that makes them. Why would a company offer no warranty whatsoever on something they sell? How about customer service when something goes wrong?

And really, how much are legit pumps like Tunzes and MP10s? In the grand scheme of things, a few hundred $$$ is nothing. I've been shocked more than once and cheap electrical parts won't go anywhere near my saltwater tank. It's just simply not worth it.

Plus, we need to support original companies like Tunze and Ecotech. Where would this hobby be if they went out of business?

strgazr27

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
123   0   0
They are knock off Chinese pumps that come with ZERO warranty from the company that makes them. Why would a company offer no warranty whatsoever on something they sell? How about customer service when something goes wrong?

And really, how much are legit pumps like Tunzes and MP10s? In the grand scheme of things, a few hundred $$$ is nothing. I've been shocked more than once and cheap electrical parts won't go anywhere near my saltwater tank. It's just simply not worth it.

Plus, we need to support original companies like Tunze and Ecotech. Where would this hobby be if they went out of business?

Love ya man but seriously? We need to support Ecotech and Tunze? 2 of the largest marine equipment manufacturers? Ecotech products are easily 25% overpriced. Yeah we pay that premium but we do because there aren't many other choices.

Have you read through the thread here on them? How about the 100+ I think thread on RC? Not putting them in your tank is a personal choice but it sounds like your basing that on unfounded information so far. I am waiting patiently for the 25's to be released and will order 2 for the 60 as soon as they come out. As far as warranty there have been little to no issues so far and those that have had problems have had quick solutions. In fact they just released an updated housing to lower noise levels and will sell the newer housing to existing owners for simply the cost of shipping. $3

Ecotech releases a new lens for the Radions which having just purchased a set I can tell you there is NO WAY that set of lenses cost them anywhere near the $30 plus shipping costs that they charge us.

Why is the possibility that another option in this market exists so scary to some? I think it's great. The more choices the better and if it lowers prices on other equipment please tell me how thats a bad thing.

Rating - 99.5%
204   1   0
Love ya man but seriously? We need to support Ecotech and Tunze? 2 of the largest marine equipment manufacturers? Ecotech products are easily 25% overpriced. Yeah we pay that premium but we do because there aren't many other choices.

Have you read through the thread here on them? How about the 100+ I think thread on RC? Not putting them in your tank is a personal choice but it sounds like your basing that on unfounded information so far. I am waiting patiently for the 25's to be released and will order 2 for the 60 as soon as they come out. As far as warranty there have been little to no issues so far and those that have had problems have had quick solutions. In fact they just released an updated housing to lower noise levels and will sell the newer housing to existing owners for simply the cost of shipping. $3

Ecotech releases a new lens for the Radions which having just purchased a set I can tell you there is NO WAY that set of lenses cost them anywhere near the $30 plus shipping costs that they charge us.

Why is the possibility that another option in this market exists so scary to some? I think it's great. The more choices the better and if it lowers prices on other equipment please tell me how thats a bad thing.

+1 well said

We need more options at reasonable prices

E.intheC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
150   0   0

I hear your point also. Some of these products are ridiculously overpriced.... Especially with LEDs (and that's coming from a Radion owner and supporter). That said, there are plenty of choices for LED fixtures and the high-end LEDs are still $1000s of dollars and haven't really come down in price. You might get better LEDs for the money but the high end LEDs still cost $1,000s. Having cheap LED options hasn't dropped the overall price of high-end fixtures.

Competition is good. Complete and utter knock-offs are something else. The similarities between the WP40/WP25 and the Tunze (pump) and Ecotech (controller) are ridiculous. If they had their own design I wouldn't be so outspoken. I don't knock on Koralias because they have their own, unique design.

Regarding the pumps and "risks" I mentioned, I'm not basing it off "nothing". There are people who like these pumps... I've read the long thread(s) on RC. There are also many people who are skeptical, like myself. Simply the fact that there is zero manufacturer's warranty tells me enough about what the company thinks of their own product. It's nice of them to ship plastic silencers for $3 but the fact remains... There is no warranty. Products that are essentially electricity in saltwater are not something I skimp on.

I'm not scared of these pumps because they won't go in my tank :D. We'll have to wait and see (long term) how these products last. And by "we'll" I mean "all of you guys". :)

M

Moneymaks24

Rating - 100%
150   0   0
Lets see $300 for mp10 or $60 for wp25. I rather buy 2 mp25s just in case and save $200 for corals. And nobody said anything about not having customer support or warranty that's simply not true. U only say that because u spent the $300 already and u know it. :)

M

Moneymaks24

Rating - 100%
150   0   0
If that company was smart they should also make aquarium controllers to take over the overpriced apex controllers. Seems to me that they can easily price those as like $80 verses the $550 apex thing. IMO

bertyboy69

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Chinese "knockoffs" are the best in my opinion. Half the knockoffs come from tye sane factories that produce the "genuine" stuff like ecotech pumps , yah maybe there wont be any warranty or customer support but thats fine with me for 1/4 of the price. I personally hate my mp10 it barley reaches 30 inches to the other side of my 20l so its supper high flow on one side and moderate in the other , the dry side has popped off the glass on me a few times and to be realistic all it does is push water around randomly . But unfortunatly its the best pump in the hobby that makes waves. I cant wait for a jaebo wp 25 im guna sell my vortech and spend the extra 100 on more corals !!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Reefs

bhazard451

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
WP-25 now available at fish street. Its only $6 less than the WP40 though.

One better be perfect for 75 gallon and under tanks, otherwise the WP40 is the better deal. Who knows, the price may drop once the initial craziness to get one subsides.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: