Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,

Long time lurker, first time poster...:Lurking:

Was at the swap on Sunday, what a great time! Thanks to whomever organized it and invited all the great vendors.

Speaking of which, I saw Acan Lighting there, didn't get a chance to chat with them but have been doing homework on them ever since.

Just by way of background - I'm running Innovative Marine Nuvo 16 with the stock lights (2 x 8 Watts at 14,000K) over a mix of softies and some LPS (let me know if you want other parameters but for this question I'm not sure its relevant)

Things are doing just fine, but as my system matures (been up since August 2012) I'm thinking about upgrading the stock lights to something with a little more power, par and functionality - would like to do better than just fine.

It looks like the Acan line of lights would offer just that.

I'm torn at the moment between the 18" 300 series, which would probably be enough light for my needs, or something in the 600 series. Any thoughts?

Also, with the understanding that the 600 prism series is running multiple colored LEDs, vs. just blue and white, I'm wondering what channel these other colors operate on.

In other words, it looks like the light works on three channels - white, blue and moon - I would assume that the other colored LEDs would be controlled by the blue channel correct?

Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated!

Thanks.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, Chef. Any thoughts on 300 vs. 600 series over 16 gallon tank? The tank is 13 inches deep and 24" across.

Are the other colors, for lack of a better word, distracting? Or are they blended nicely to not show too heavy over the actinic?

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
I have two 18" 600's over my 90 gal about 10inch over tank and running on a 7 stage light ramp up and down at peak I run 70% white 100% blue
Everything has great color and growth. Some sps I can grow on sand bed but most like half way up to about 3/4 way up. I love the lights for the price but I wouldent mind some radion pros loll

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two 18" 600's over my 90 gal about 10inch over tank and running on a 7 stage light ramp up and down at peak I run 70% white 100% blue
Everything has great color and growth. Some sps I can grow on sand bed but most like half way up to about 3/4 way up. I love the lights for the price but I wouldent mind some radion pros loll

Thanks for the input. Are you running the PRISM light, the standard 600 or the double blue?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: