turbotone

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
details on how to install 150 gpd upgrade kit, pressure switch,fm-2,600ML auto flush

ok originally i opened this thread bc i had a problem connecting 150 gpd upgrade kit.. i had a few things wrong and got everything worked out thanks to "brandon" at bulkreefsupply.com .very helpful and went thru everything step by step until we weeded out the problem..no i searched to the best of my abilities and couldnt find the answers i needed so im putting this thread up for others just like me...

i have a aquafx barracuda which was a 100gpd and completely thought it was a 75 gpd unit for some reason smh.. would of held on the upgrade but honestly thought i had a 75gpd unit and even bought another 75gpd membrane to have just in case the day i needed to change membranes i would have it ready.. lucky i did bc i had to use my back up membrane to have this system running proper..

heres a list of everything i bought for my upgrade all thru bulkreefsupply,.com

AQUAFx Barracuda 4-Stage RO/DI System (????? dont remember)
View attachment 137489

BRS 150 GPD Water Saver Upgrade Kit $60.00
View attachment 137487

DMFit Filter Strainer - Push Connect (100 Mesh - 150 MIC) $10.00
View attachment 137484

this filter strainer is to be placed prior to the pump. BRS recommends the filter to extend the life of your pump so i got it..

1?4" Aquatec 8800 Booster Pump Kit $140.00
View attachment 137485

comes with the transformer and pressure switch which turns off the pump once the float valve is closed and the lines build pressure

600 mL/min Auto Flush Flow Restrictor $55.00

View attachment 137490

this replaces the standard flow restrictor at the end of the waste line. on 75 gpd systems they should be 600 mL restrictors. please keep this restrictor at 600 ml. just because you upgraded your system to 150 gpd unit does not mean you upgrade the restrictor to 800ml for standard 150 gpd unit.. your still running 75 gpd membranes and need to run the rated restricted flow for a 75 gpd unit.. i got this auto flow restrictor because its suppose to extend the life of the membrane by flushing prior to making water and a few times while its making water all on its on power scrubbing your membranes to get the most out of them and the most out of your DI stage as well.

FM-2: Filter Monitor with Volumizer HM Digital $50.00
View attachment 137482

got this just to monitor and remind me when to change my filters. it monitors up to five stages. i havent programed it yet but i have it wired up and ready it goes between the aquatec pump and the very first stage of your RODI unit.. i put mines prior to the tds meter input.. this is really not needed if your on point with your filter changes..

Deluxe Dual Inline TDS Meter DM-2 - HM Digital $45.00
View attachment 137483

again this is not needed as well but i got it anyways to monitor the tds levels coming out of each membrane.. the fm-2 is just a alarm system for when a certain amount of water passes thru it lets you know its time to change the filter.. now all filters get exhausted differently due to many factors.. how bad your water is or level of tds coming in to your system.. how frequent you flush your membranes.. how often you change the first two stages etc.. so i got these tds sensors to monitor each membrane so i know when its time to change them.. got a different type of tds meter so i can know which one is for what.. possibly excessive i know

few notes:

the auto shut off valve (A.S.O.V.) has 2 inputs and two outputs..
View attachment 137486 theres a high pressured side and a low pressured side.. the high pressured side is the side that is labeled in/out and or 1/2.. the other side is either not labeled or labeled 3/4... the inputs are on one side the outputs are on the other side.. inputs are #s 1/3 outputs are #s 2/4

also the diagram ive drawn are based on the concepts of "in and out" i work as a music engineer so it relates to plumbing.. basicly everything goes "out" from something "in" to something.. it starts going out from your water supply

View attachment 137488

my system is ran as followed:

out from faucet in to dm pre filter
out from dm pre filter in to fm-2
out from fm-2 in to tds meter "in side"
out from tds meter "in side" in to 1st stage pre filterView attachment 137495
out from 1st stage pre filter in to 2nd stage carbon filterView attachment 137496
out from 2nd stage carbon in to input hp of asov (1)
out from output hp asov (2) in to psi gaugeView attachment 137498
out from psi gauge in to new 75 gpd membraneView attachment 137492

here it gets tricky
each membrane has two outputs. one output in the center of the rear of the membrane is the product line (the good water) and the out put that is off to the side is the rejection water (the waste water)
View attachment 137492
where the screw cap is at is the input
the ouput directly on the top of the photo is the rejection line and the one under that one is the product line. if you look closely youll notice the product line is adjacent to the input..

im going to explain the waste water side first then go into the product water line
out from waste line of new 75 gpd membrane in to original 75 gpd membrane
out from waste line of original 75 gpd membrane in to 600 ml auto flush
out from 600 ml auto flush in to drain

product line

out from the product line of the new 75 gpd membrane in to a tds meter
out from tds meter in to 1/4 divider ( dual side)View attachment 137491
out from the product line of the original 75 gpd membrane in to tds meter
out from tds meter in to 1/4 divider ( dual side)
out from divider (single line side) in to inline check valve View attachment 137493(follow the arrow if it has one)
out from inline check valve in to input (3) of the low pressure asov
out from the output (4) side of the low pressure asov in to the DI resin
out from the DI resin in to the aquatec pressure switch
out from the aquatec pressure switch in to the float valve

hope this helps and was explained well enough for your understanding!!

Attachments

• 150 gpd upgrade kit.jpg
    150 gpd upgrade kit.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 651
  • 600 ml auto flushkit.jpg
    600 ml auto flushkit.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 634
  • A.S.O.V..jpg
    A.S.O.V..jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 638
  • aquafx barracuda.jpeg
    aquafx barracuda.jpeg
    11.9 KB · Views: 663
  • aquatec boosterpumpkit.jpg
    aquatec boosterpumpkit.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 645
  • carbon filter.jpg
    carbon filter.jpg
    4.4 KB · Views: 557
  • DIcartridge_lrg.jpg
    DIcartridge_lrg.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 635
  • dm pre filter.jpg
    dm pre filter.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 679
  • dual tds meter.jpg
    dual tds meter.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 618
  • fm-2.jpg
    fm-2.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 600
  • inline check valve.jpg
    inline check valve.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 636
  • membrane case image.jpg
    membrane case image.jpg
    4.4 KB · Views: 632
  • Pre filter.jpg
    Pre filter.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 552
  • pressure switch.jpg
    pressure switch.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 537
  • psi gauge.jpg
    psi gauge.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 546
  • ro tube divider.jpg
    ro tube divider.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 542
  • rodi wiring.jpg
    rodi wiring.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 629
Last edited:

thirty6

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
I had purchased the same boost pump and it stopped working after few hours, i still have it ( no idea why) when get a chance update your thread, maybe this could kick start my pump for me.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: