Rating - 85.7%
18   3   0
Im looking to buy a controller for my build and I dont know what to get.
I was looking at the apex for now but i want to know is there anything else that people use.

im looking for PH, Salinity, ORP, Tem

controling rapid led DIY kit (not just on and off but diffrent modes and sun rise sun set with moons too , sump light , power heads, pumps, chiller, top off. In the future cal ractor maybe.

but i think for dosing pump i will use a seperate controller

the whole wifi phone thing is a cool feature i will def enjoy so want that to

soo i need help on what controler to get because i have no experince

lnevo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
There is a nice wizard that takes care of all your standard usage. Lighting w/sunrise, sunset effects, ato, heaters, chillers, dosing pumps, etc.

Click, click, click, upload... Plus a great user community who can help with just about any specific needs.

lnevo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
Yes, cheaper than apex especially when you factor in all the things you get out of the box. As far as phone, you have three choices, web interface, android app and iphone app.

The iphone app is a little behind in features but works great though. Hopefully we get that caught up soon.

You do need the wifi attachment for the remote control features.

Geraud

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
I like the APEX because it is very expandable. The only thing I have against is that if you want to use more than a simple program, it becomes a pita. But well, being a programmer, I can understand that they did not want to have a complex parser.

James

Zen-Reefer
Rating - 100%
112   0   0
Dude, save your money, forget the reefkeeper. If you are technically savvy and want to save some money, the Reefangel is a good bet and will get better as more people join the community. The Apex is the pinnacle (pun intended) of controllers IMO, it has the most robust user-community and customer service. It is well worth the extra money.

M

Moneymaks24

Rating - 100%
112   0   0
I wish I remembered the name but I heard of a new controller being either announced or released in September 2013. Sorry for the lack of details but I'm sure you guys can search for it

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: