BaaMNYC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
324   0   0
I have a reef keeper lite plus with two pc4s. For some odd reason my 2nd and 3rd plug on the second pc4 Doesn't work properly. I set it to off so my powerhead should turn off to feed but it doesn't. It doesn't turn off on standby it when I set it to off.

1&4 I have my lights on it. It's fine. Exactly at the right time it turns on and off.

Has anyone ever had this problem?

lsi

Active Reefer
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Plugs 2 & 3 utilize solid-state relays, while 1 & 4 are regular mechanical relays. Solid-state relays require a strong enough load to be connected in order for them to be able to turn off. I usually connect my lights and heater to 2 or 3, and powerheads or pumps to 1 or 4.

lsi

Active Reefer
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Quoting the quickstart guide:

Channels 1 and 4 are standard mechanical relays and are rated up to 8 amps each. Channels 2 and 3 are solid-state TRIAC switches and are rated up to 3 amps each.

Some pumps and similar devices such as certain types of fans, work better on mechanical relays than on solid-state TRIAC switches. These devices can be moved over to channels 1 or 4. If there are no other channels available, placing a single-outlet surge protector or an electronic noise filter can allow these devices to function normally.

I never tried putting a surge protector between the PC4 and the device, but it will probably solve the problem. Although it's easier/cheaper to just switch the channels.

BaaMNYC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
324   0   0
Plugs 2 & 3 utilize solid-state relays, while 1 & 4 are regular mechanical relays. Solid-state relays require a strong enough load to be connected in order for them to be able to turn off. I usually connect my lights and heater to 2 or 3, and powerheads or pumps to 1 or 4.

ill give it a try. ill move my light plugs to 2 and 3 and move the powerhead to 1 or 4. thanks

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: