Tbone Reefer

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
For those looking for a Mame, check this out first.

I found a product that is available and superior to the Mame, also cheaper in price and shipping etc.

http://www.gnomeglass.com/gcart/index.php?route=product/category&path=59

The owner (Calen) was really helpful in finding the right solution for my existing tank that could also be used for a future upgrade. He also mentioned that there is a prototype overflow in the works!

This was from him directly when inquiring about the skimmer.

"I set out to make something that filled the same role as the MAME glass skimmer, but with a lot of functional improvements. Happily I had a chance to see one in action (on a 29 gallon tank, funnily enough) and there were a number of complaints the owner had - primarily, that the skimmate outlet was far too tiny and clogged frequently, and the overall diameter of the skimmer (25mm) was too small for anything but the smallest tanks. What I ended up with was a complete redesign - there's very little resemblance to the MAME now, other than that it's still driven by an airstone."

I will post pics and review when received.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought one of these from his website a couple of weeks ago and never heard back from him. I know from various forums people have good views of his skimmers and customer service. Did you ultimately receive the skimmer? I have yet to receive mine despite emailing and contacting him via the website.

I'm beginning to get worried

Thanks

Tbone Reefer

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I bought one of these from his website a couple of weeks ago and never heard back from him. I know from various forums people have good views of his skimmers and customer service. Did you ultimately receive the skimmer? I have yet to receive mine despite emailing and contacting him via the website.

I'm beginning to get worried

Thanks

Yeah, I had great customer service from him. Usually replied within 24 hours if not sooner for all inquiries. Did you speak with him at all on the order?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That seems to be peoples' experience when ordering from him.

I didn't reach out to him prior to placing my order online. The only communication I received was an automatically generated email confirming my order once I placed it.

This seems unusual for him and I hope everything is okay.

Is there another way to get in touch with him?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: